How to Apply for Travel Permit (Emergency Permit) in Dominica

Apply for Travel Permit (Emergency Permit) in Dominica

  1. Visit the Immigration Department or the nearest Dominican High Commissioner/Consulate to make an application.
  2. Make sure you have the appropriate stamps as well as other documentation to be presented to obtain an Emergency Permit or Emergency Permit.

Required Documents For Travel Permit

  • EC $10.00 stamps*
  • One passport sized photograph
  • Birth Certificate
  • Previous passport

Note The stamps are available to purchasing from the General Post Office in Roseau and at its branches.

Office Locations and Contacts

Passport and Immigration Department

Police Headquarters

Bath Road


Commonwealth of Dominica

Telephone: (767) 266 5159

Fax: (767) 448 6204

E-mail: /

Processing Time

A Permit to Travel Permit is issued as soon as there is confirmation of the existence of an emergency situation like if a Passport has expired , or the Passport is in a different country waiting for an entry visa.


  • For Dominicans abroad: If your passport disappears or is stolen, report it to the closest Dominica Consulate or Embassy. If you report it to the Embassy of the Commonwealth of Dominica will report any loss, theft or disappearance of passport and will forward the details to the identity and passport services.

The Document is required

A Travel permit or an Emergency permit is available to people who have lost their passports or are lost in the case in an incident of emergency. It is only granted in emergency situations to Dominica citizens traveling across English native Caribbean countries, with the exception of Tortola. The person must show proof of the need for emergency.

Information that could be helpful

English Speaking Caribbean Countries

Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands


How to Apply for Travel Permit (Emergency Permit) in Dominica
How to Apply for Travel Permit (Emergency Permit) in Dominica

External Links


As a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, Dominica Nationals overseas can also be reported to an British Foreign and Commonwealth office consulate or High Commission if the country is not home to an Embassy to that part of the British Commonwealth.

Leave a Comment