How To Apply Identification (ID) for Minor In Austria
1.) You must present the minor’s identity to the authorities in the process of applying. The representation authority of the applicant has to be authenticated.
2.) Identification cards for underage minors can only be sought by the parent who has custody or is able to legally represent the child.
- If the child is not legally born, parents have the right to act as representatives, so long as their marriage is preserved.
- For children born outside of marriage, the child can represent the mother. When the power of attorney (in the case that joint custody) is applicable only to fathers, they has to be able to prove it with a legally-forced authority to obtain custody orders confirmation.
- Children born from divorced marriage, that individual is authorized act as a representative to whom child’s custody has been transferred. The authority to guardianship must be proven (see the required documentation ).
- Foster children’s foster parents have the right to represent them if custody of the child was transferred.
- Parents of children who are minors are typically taken care of by the Youth Welfare Office.
3.) The application form has to include the signature of the child or the signature of someone else’s (Companion or an employee or paid staff member at the Passport Office)
4.) These passport office provide applicants the chance to set up an appointment online:
- Districts of St. Johann im Pongau
- Magistrate Graz
- Municipal District Offices Vienna
- City of Linz
- Magistrate catfish
Documents that are required Identification (ID) for Minor
- Identification of the applicant or the applicant (usually father or mother)
- Certificate of birth for child (may require)
- Documentation of the citizenship of the child
- A passport photo that shows the kid (Portrait 35 45 x 45 mm ) not older than 6 months after a certain number of months have passed. picture (color or black and white)
- Evidence of the ability of representation:
- Marriage certificate of parents for the straight or upright wedding
- Custody determination with legal impact or confirmation
- Proof of pflegschaftsgerichtlich approved agreement with legal force or confirmation
- Comparative analysis of the joint custody and legality or confirmation
- Custody decisions made by a foreign authority with a certified translation,
- A written authorization of the application, and the signed consent from the parent who has custody (possibly along with a custody proof) in order to authorize a travel document in the event that the application of third party is made. It is important to note that the identity of the child can be proven in this instance with a photo ID issued by the official.
- The parent’s written consent who has custody of the child to sign a trip permit (possibly along with an evidence of custody) when the request of mature minor is made by the parent. Be aware that the identity of the child is proven with a photo ID issued by the official.
In some instances, passport authorities requires additional documents, especially when there is doubt about the authenticity of the information ( such as spelling, for instance) or the application was not signed by the legal representative/ legal guardian ( such as a valid photo identification of the parent who is designated by the applicant for signature verification on the presentation of a power the attorney or consent).
When you visit the Passport Office (also at one of the district office offices for municipal government in Vienna) There is no forms are required. The passport office takes an official transcript. The form is typically only required used when the application concerns the needs of the municipal office.
Office Locations and Contacts
To locate Statutory Offices: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/99/Seite.991304.html
A-8700 Leoben, Erzherzog Johann-Strae 2
Tel: +43 (0)3842/4062-450 bis 454
Fax: +43 (0)3842/4062-455
The hours of operation:
Mo Do: 08.00 Hour-16:00 hours
Fr: 08:00 Uhr – 12:30 Uhr
Municipality of Schwechat
Town Hall Square 9, Ground Floor
Tel 01 70108221 (ext. or Ext
Fax 01 70108394 DW
Passport Center Hauptstrae 1 – 5, Neues Rathaus, 1.
Stock (ber dem Brgerservice Center), 4041 Linz
Tel. : +43 732 7070
Fax. : +43 732 7070 54 2110
E-Mail. : email@example.com
The headquarters of the Passport Office
1082 Vienna, Lerchenfelderstrae 4, 2 Floor, room 201
Telephone +43 1 4000 895616
Contact number : +43 1 89517 4000
Phone : +43 1 4000 89523
Out of office hours, call this number:
City Hall Station ( MA- 68) 1, 2 Lichtenfelsgasse
Phone: +43 1 4000-98350
Fax: +43 1 4000-99-98350
The Head of the Department for Upper Municipal Councillor Contact number: +43 1 4000 89511.
Department Head: Call +431 4000 89513 to make an appointment.
Travel papers other than emergency passports from Monday to Wednesday Fridays from 8.00 until 13.00 clock Monday through Wednesday afternoons with appointment booking on Thursdays starting at 8:30 to 17.30 clock.
Display of Notpssen frustrations and deprivations in travel documents Monday to Wednesday, Friday, from 8.00 until 15.30 clock Thursdays from 8.00 until 17.30 clock
Hours of operation Monday to Wednesday, Friday from 7:30 until 15:30 clock, Thursdays between 7.30 until 17.30 clock The office is closed on public holidays, Good Friday New Year’s Eve (24.12.) as well as New Year’s Eve (31.12.) Retrieved at 7.30 to 12.00 clock.
What Are All The Eligibility
- Austrian Citizen
- For minors and children (under 14 years old) the request should include the legal representative or legal representative ( such as parents who are married and unwed mothers, or others, if requested to the court) consent.
- Minors aged 14 to 18 (from 14-18 years old) can be the ones to fill out the application to obtain an identity card subject to the approval of the guardian or legal representative is proven.
1 – 2 year old
- First Issue Free
- Re-Issuance(e.g. due to name change): 26.30 EUR
older Than 2 Years Old: 26.30 EUR
Ages 16 and over: 61.50 EUR
Notice: The fees are fixed cost (no additional fees). Beginning in January 2008, IDs for children from 1 – 2 will be completely free without charge.
Validity of passports to youngsters (under 18 ,)
- From 1 to 2 year old Two years
- Ages older than 2 years: five years
- 12-year-olds and older: ten years
Documents to Utilize
Download Application Formula
The card will be issued within approximately 5 working days through posting to the address provided ( for example, sent home at work, to the office, or to a the passport office).
Expect a longer wait time when you submit your application to the municipal offices.
The Authority for Passports:
- The administration of the district – Leoben and Schwechat the community
- In cities that are statutory : the City Council – In Vienna District offices of the city council
The application for IDs is made in Austria. You can visit any passport office regardless of your place of residence.
Certain communities will accept passport applications, and transmit them to the appropriate authority.
If you send your application at the local council you can expect to wait longer to receive your identity card.
Documentation is needed
You’ll require an identity document for travel for crossing border. It is required when visiting Schengen countries, and also for brief trips abroad.
The ID card is proof of nationality as well as identity. This will also permit its holders (minor) to travel to many European countries by themselves.
- Passport Act
- Pass Regulation
- Passport Act Implementation Regulation
- Austrian Government Portal
Click here If you’d wish to receive an email regarding renewing your passport or making changes to the information on your passport.