Apply or Get Certificate of Listing for Supermarket Items in Nigeria By Yourself
- To request a Certificate of Listing for items from supermarkets in the person, the applicant needs to apply at the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
- The applicant must write an application letter in the form of an application to obtain the certificate of Listing from NAFDAC, addressed to the Director General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
- Be sure to have all the documents you need on the “Required documents” section on this page.
- Include all required documents in the application letter and then drop it off at NAFDAC Office in Lagos or at the NAFDAC Office at Lagos or at any other nearby NAFDAC office.
- The contact information of NAFDAC is available here: contact link
- The address details of regional offices are available on the following link: regional offices
- Following submission, the application along with the supporting documents are checked and confirmed.
- After a satisfactory review of the application, the agency begins to complete the certificate after a satisfactory assessment. Once the document has been approved for processing, the applicant will be informed via email or by phone.
- After that, the applicant is able to go to the office and pick up the certificate.
- In order to apply to receive the Certificate of Listing for Supermarket Itemsonline The applicant should go to the following website: online application link
- If you’ve registered through the Nigeria Single Window Trade Portal then you need to enter your user’s credentials into the fields that are provided and then click the “Login” click.
- If not, the person who wishes to apply for registration should contact or visit at the Federal Inland Revenue Services office where they obtained their TIN. They must provide a valid email address and mobile number, along with the any other information about the company’s identity according to FIRS’s requirements.
- After that, the applicant can go to the link below and complete the registration: apply online.
- It is necessary to input TIN number, Email ID, and text in the appropriate fields and then click “Validate” click.
- Follow the directions and fill out the application, then the applicant is applying to receive the certificate of analysis.
- Follow the link to to apply online and fill in your user’s details into the appropriate fields, and then click the “Login” option.
- NAFDAC e-License the main homepage will show. The default page is only for new permits. For digitization of certificates/permits, please click ‘Permit/Certificate Enrolment’ option on the left side.
- Begin to complete the tabs one at a time by entering the necessary information and making the necessary selections following the screen instructions.
- After you have completed all tabs, click the “Submit” option to complete an application. Select the “Yes” button in the dialog that opens.
- Click the “ok” button on the following tab. A notification email will be sent immediately to the registered email address.
- When the application is submitted the application along with the other supporting documents are sent to be examined and verified.
- On the portal, you will access a tab titled Support. information . It provides the general information about the status of your application. Application Progress indicator shows the status of your application on NAFDAC.
- If there is a question about the application or an applicant, an email notice is sent out immediately to your email address that you have entered.
- Respond to questions with the’search function’ as well as the ‘Support Information tab. Make the necessary changes by following the on-screen instructions , and make the necessary updates to the application.
- If all the information is adequate and the application is accepted and officials are then able to take the required steps to issue the certificate.
- Once the document is prepared to be downloaded Once the document is downloaded, the “print lookup” button will appear on the top right of the application. Click that button to save your certification.
Documents Required For Apply or Get Certificate
- Application letter
- Documentation for NAFDAC registration for every product
- Certificate of Analyse for each product (where it is applicable)
- IncorporationCertificate of Business
- Form CO7
- Tax Identification Number
- Proof of identity that is valid
- Confirmation of Membership/Introduction Letter from National Association of Supermarket Operators of Nigeria (NASON) (if required)
- Documentation of payment (if there is any)
Office Locations and Contacts
NAFDAC Corporate Headquarters,Plot 2032,
Obasanjo Way, Zone 7,
0700-1-NAFDAC (0700-1-623322), +234(0)-1-4609750
Homepage link to the website Homepage link
Lagos Operation Office:
Plot 1, Industrial Estate,
LagosLagos OshodiApapa Expressway,
Regional offices address
What are all the Eligibility
- Any registered Supermarket owner that wishes to get an official Certificate of Listing for Supermarket products, may apply.
- Each item listed must be registered with a NAFDAC registration.
The applicant must have been already registered in the Federal Inland Revenue Services and have an Tax Identification Number.
- Labelling must be in line in accordance with Codex Standards for food products as well as international requirements for cosmetics.
- Labels on products that are in a different language (except embassies) is not eligible to be listed except if the English translation is listed on the label and the package insert.
- All payments must be made in the form of a bank draft payable to the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control. The normal port handling fees for analysis, inspection and radiation, etc. shall be applied as per regulations of the agency. Tariff Regulations.
The Information You Need
- Name of the Company and Type
- Tax Identification Number
- Registration Certificate Number
- Incorporation Date
- Addresses for physical and mailing addresses of the company
- Email address and contact number
- Applicant names
- The source and the category of the product
- The Product Description as well as the HS Code
- Name and address of the manufacturer
- Specifications of the product
- Card details
The Document is required
A Certificate of Listing (COL) is an official document that outlines the usage guidelines for NAFDAC certified products. It must be requested from National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.