Apply Student Passport In Uganda By Online
- Get the application form A and B at the Passport Control Office in your area, and then fill the appropriate way.
- Choose from A to be recommended by the head of your institute of study, the administrator, or lecturer at your institution of learning.
- Visit the local council for your home area to obtain an endorsement for the passport you are applying for.
- Get a letter of cover from your school of study that is addressed to your passport control department and include it with your application.
- Make a trip to the nearest URA income collection banking institution, such for Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc. Pay the passport fees. Paying for the Passport cost Uganda Shillings of UGX 250,000 for normal applications , or an additional UGX 400,000 if you apply in Express Applications (UGX 250,000 for normal processing plus UGX 150,000 for express Service fee) and UGX 400,000 for Official Passports, and UGX 500,000 in Diplomatic passports. The fees do not include charges for banks, which vary between banks i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000. and get the receipt of the payment
- All documents you have prepared, as well as those as “required documentation” below, into the manila file folder. You can then visit the ministry of interior affairs, or an office for passport controls or a regional office for immigration in the area you reside.
- When you arrive at the office, hand in your passport and documents in an envelope to the person who controls passports located at the section for passports.
- The officer will review the information provided by you and submit your request to be processed.
- You can collect your passport in person within ten working days (normal application for passports) and 2 (2) work days (for Express Passport Applications) from the time you made the application unless otherwise advised from an immigration officer. You must show your receipt slip and identification documents when you collect your passport from the Passport Delivery Office.
- To apply for online student passports, go to the to the portal online: online portal
- You agree to the conditions and terms set out within the Disclaimer.
- Answer the security questions with ease.
- Fill out the passport application form online.
- You’ll then have to enter your personal information, including your names, phone number, marital status, date birth, residence address, origin.parent information, Next of Kin, Resident Address and many more.
- You will be taken to the Recommender page. Fill in the information of each recommender , including their contact information and NIN number.The person you recommend should be school head, administrator or lecturer at an the educational institution..
- Pay for the kind of passport by using the method of payment you prefer and bank.
- The payment options are the following: Mobile Money Debit Card and Credit Card Credit Card, Prepaid Debit Card, Airtel Money and Bank Agent. Choose the payment method you prefer and then make the payment.
- Please note that transactions made via Credit/Debit Cards will incur an additional 2.5 percent handling charge.
- Make an appointment to see a doctor at a time that suits you by clicking the link to schedule an appointment on the homepage. passport Link 1
- Then, you should print your completed application as well as three invoices. You should then present them to the DIRECTORATE OF CITIZENSHIP and the IMMIGRATION CONTROL department office.
- An online registration form requires applicants to fill in every detail. Once you’ve filled in all of the information, you will be required to go through the application form to ensure that the information provided is accurate. If everything is correct, you are able to continue with to submit the form for final approval.
Visit the immigration office to fill out an application
- After printing the application form and invoice, you have to visit the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control office in Kampala and in Uganda Missions abroad for collection of fingerprints, digital photos as well as signature. You can also drop off the required documents.
- You have to be present in person to take a digital photograph and biometric capture at the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control offices in Kampala or at Uganda missions overseas.
- The below papers to Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control office:
- A Student passport online pre-filled application form, and three invoices.
- Letter of cover addressed to Passport Control Officer from institution of study.
- Copy of original school identification.
- Four passport-sized photographs in different colors with white backgrounds.
- Recommender letters on headed letters should be headed or lecturer, or administrator of the institutions of learning.
- Photocopy of birth certificate as well as original.
- The original National Identity Card with photocopy if you are over 18 years old.
- Parents National ID card copies or Death Certificates in the event of a deceased parent.
- Children who are under 18 years old must have the parental or legal guardians’ written consent must be given.
- If applicants are adopted, you must provide the initial adoption certificate or the clearance letter from the department of children or the Court decision or award.
- After submitting the application, it will then be prepared to be picked up from the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control centers after four working days for express processing or 10 working working days normal processing.
- You must bring evidence of identity when you collect the passport. You can also track the application progress through your online account https://www.passports.go.ug. You will be contacted via either email or text message when it is time you are ready to pick up your passport.
Required Documents For Apply Student Passport
- Formulation A and B for application, with LC endorsement from the area of residence or place of the study.
- Attach Cover letter addressed the Passport Control Officer from institution of higher learning.
- Attach the school identification card.
- Attach 4 passport size, colored photographs taken on white background.
- The person who is recommending form A needs to be either the head of department or lecturer, or administrator at an educational institution.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs:Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Box 7165, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Site: Ministry of internal affairs
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration:
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165/7191
Kampala Uganda Uganda
Contact number: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Web site: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Offices in the region: List
- Every Ugandan citizens, who have a student status may apply for student passports.
- A normal passport is priced at 250,000 shs.
- Express service with 150,000 shs
- Official/service passport cost 400,000 shs
- 10 years
- 10-day working day (normal application for passports) (or 2 (2) work days (for express Passport Applications)
- Passport applications are personally made do not make use of middlemen in applying for the passport.
The Information You Need
- Applicant’s details
- Residence Address
- Information on Origin
- Citizenship details
- Spouse details
- Parent’s details
- Contacts for the Next of Kin
Documentation is needed
- You’ll need to have a student’s passport when applying for a student visa.