How To Apply to Get Married In Gambia

How To Apply to Get Married In Gambia

  • For a civil wedding the applicants must visit the office of the Registrar General.
  • The applicants must fill out an application form and send the application along with a copy of their passports.
  • A death certificate should be provided in the event that any of the applicants has lost the ex-spouse. In the event that one applicants was previously married, the applicant must also submit the divorce certificate.
  • The application fees must be paid.

Documents Required Apply to Get Married

  • The completed application form
  • A copy of the passport
  • Certificate of divorce (if appropriate)
  • The death certificate should also be provided in the event that any of the party loses the former spouse.
Notice: Where a divorce/death certificate is written in another language than English A authentic translation should be submitted.

Office Locations and Contacts

Attorney General’s ChambersMinistry of Justice
Marina Parade Banjul

Telephone: (+220) 4227238
Fax:(+220) 422 5352


  • If both are residents of The Gambia or a citizen of Ecowas: D6,500.00
  • If one party is citizens of The Gambia or a citizen of Ecowas and the other is not a Gambian or an Ecowas citizen: Ecowas: D15,000.000

If both parties are not residents of The Gambia nor citizens of Ecowas The Gambia or Ecowas, the amount is D20,000.

Documentation is needed

This guideline provides details about how to make an application to be married in Gambia

External Links

Ministry of Justice




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here