Apply to Join the Police Force In Uganda By Online
Apply In Person The hiring of police officers and other staff members is typically done directly by the police forces themselves.
- An application that is written in hand should be handed in person to the recruiting centers by the dates stated in the advertisement, based on the the location of origin.you can also go to this page for more details Link Uganda police force
- The application must be sent at the direction of Human Resources in police or the Chief Inspector of Police in the various recruitment centers all over the country.
- The handwritten application should be with one of the following papers:
- copies of transcripts from academics and other certificates,
- Three (3) recent passport-sized photographs, and
- letters of recommendation received from LCI, LCIII and RDC (from the respective districts of the respective districts of)
- Candidates who are successful will be required to attend an interview which include physical fitness medical, aptitude, or written and oral tests. These are held on the day of sending the application.
- Download the application form from the Director of Human Resources after hearing an advertisement from local newspapers and local media, which were commissioned by the Director General of Police.
- Before you begin filling out your application, you should be making sure you’ve met the fundamental requirements for eligibility.
- Personal details (like your full name, birth date and address)
- Your educational background and credentials
- Your employment history
- Any convictions
- Your financial situation as well as any business concerns
- Tattoos that you’ve had
- The application form usually includes the competency and/or values-based questions. Find out details about our police institution’s Competency & Values Framework.
- Before you can join, you’ll need to take the medical and fitness test to determine if you have the strength and ability to perform the duties of an officer in the police force.
- Then, you’ll go through thorough screening for security and background checks. which include searches on databases of information both local and national
- If you’ve passed each step of this application procedure, you’ll soon be able to attend further training and recruiters will provide information you require to know about possible training schedule and the subsequent steps.
- The successful candidates will be required to attend the Police Training School, Kabalye, Masindi, for the 12 month Initial Training Course.
- After successfully completing your training during the kabalye Police Training School or masindi Police Training School for one full year, you will be able to join Uganda Police force and you will be issued all the equipment you need, including a new police uniform.
Office Locations and Contacts
Uganda Police Force Headquarters:
P.O.BOX 7010 Kampala Uganda,
Katalima Road, Naguru
Tel: (256) 414-233-814/
Tel: (256) 414-250-613
Fax: (256) 414-255-630
website:Uganda Police Force
Site: email address is at the the bottom of the website
Uganda Police Forces will also include specific qualifications to be eligible. You generally have to meet the following requirements:
- The minimum age is 19 years old, and the maximum limit is 28.
- Be Ugandan citizens, with an active National ID (NIN).
- It is essential to be in well-informed, with eye sight and fitness.
- Do not need to have a criminal record
- Are you ready to complete the required Twelve (12) months Basic Police Training Course.
- You must be physically fit.
- You must be prepared to work long hours, and sometimes under challenging conditions.
- Must be prepared to be able to perform work from any area of the nation.
- Good communication abilities
- Do not have to be a officer serving within any one of the Forces.
- Qualification Requirements:
Educational Level Required:
- Have an Diploma from an accredited institution in any one of the following areas: Clinical Medicine and Community Health, Orthopedic Clinical Medicine, Public Health Dentistry, Environmental Health Science, Pharmacy and must be registered with their respective professional body. Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecom Engineering and air conditioning as well as Refrigeration, Forensic Science and any other Diploma with a particular focus in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- The candidate must have the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE Certificate) or its equivalent, with at least two primary exams (those who have equivalent qualifications need to obtain a certification by UNEB). Note: Candidates who are not qualified are not eligible to apply.
- A total of six credits from UOCE that include at minimum one score for English and a passing mark in Mathematics.
- Free no cost
- The validity period runs until the time of retirement or removal from the police..
- Maximum Processing Time 12 Months
- The impersonation of and the presentation of fraudulent testimonials or fraudulent documents can lead to being arrested and prosecuted in legal courts.
- The proof list of registration is completed at the time of arrival
- Name of the person who is applying
- Birth date
- Background in education
- Family history
- Physical address and postal address
- District area
- Parish Location
The Document is required
- The application offers the applicant chance for employment by authorities of the Ugandan government as a police officer.
Information that can be useful
- The public needs to be aware that being a police officer means more than a job It’s a call. There is nothing more fulfilling than to restore Peace and Security in the communities.
- This Uganda Police Recruitment is conducted generally in one of two quarters in the calendar year (January to March) or in the last quarter of the month (August to November).
- No matter which entry route you’re going through there are a lot of steps to take in the process of applying It’s a good idea to know what you need and learn about the process.
- The path to policing allows you to experience on-the-job training alongside academic theory and experience while earning money.
- You’ll become an officer right from the very first day on the job.
- It typically takes one year and you’re likely to require an “A” equivalent qualification. two principle passes or equivalent.
- Evaluation of academic and operational skills is conducted throughout the course.
- Achieving the pre-join qualification does not guarantee you a job for a police constable on probation. Every police force has their individual entry requirements, hiring procedure and selection policy.
- Police are an equal chances employer, and the procedure for hiring is based on rules and merit.
- Thus all applicants are advised not to accept bribes or attempt to influence hiring process by making recourse to politicians, untrustworthy individuals, intermediary agents or police officers. If anyone is who are found to have made false assurances must report it to the closest Police Station, PSU, or another Anti-Corruption Agency for investigations.
The job of police is:
- To ensure the law.
- To safeguard the life of property and lives.
- To maintain the law.
- To stop and detect Crime.
- Other duties that are required by the Director General Police.
Here are the centres for recruitment all over the country:
PTS Kibuli (Kampala Centre): Candidates from Mityana, Jinja, Nakaseke, Nakapiripit, Gulu, Lira, Zombo, Hoima, Kabarole, Masaka, Mbarara, Kabale, Tororo, Mbale, Kaberamaido, Iganga, Bukwo and Sheem
PTS Kibuli (Kampala Centre): Candidates from Gomba, Luwero, Kamuli, Amudat, Apac, Nwoya, Nebbi, Kibaale, Kamwenge, Rakai, Isingiro, Kisoro, Kumi, Busia, Amuria, Kween, Mayuge and Bushenyi.
Mukono Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Nakasongola, Butambala, Moroto, Buyende, Amuru, Agago, Arua, Buliisa, Bundibugyo, Lyantonde, Ntungamo, Bukedea, Katakwi, Butaleja, Buhweju, Kapchorwa and Namayingo
Nagalama, Mukono Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Kayunga, Mpigi, Adjumani, Kaliro, Kotido, Otuke, Maracha, Masindi, Ntoroko, Lwengo, Ibanda, Kanungu, Manafwa, Budaka, Soroti, Mitooma, Bugiri and Butambuli
Entebbe Wakiso Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Buikwe, Kiboga, Luuka, Kaabong, Kitgum, Alebtong, Koboko, Kiryandongo, Kyenjojo, Kalangala, Kiruhura, Rukungiri, Bududa, Kibuku, Serere, Rubirizi, Sironko and Namutumba
Kakiri Wakiso Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Kyankwazi, Buvuma, Abim, Lamwo, Dokolo, Oyam, Yumbe, Kyegegwa, Sembabule, Bukomansimbi, Pallisa, Kasese and Ngora
Kiira Division Wakiso Recruitment Centre:Candidates from Kalungu, Mubende, Napak, Pader, Amolatar, Moyo and Kole.