Apply to join Uganda Prisons In Uganda By Yourself
- A written application must be sent to the Secretary of Prisons Council on the dates listed in the advertisement based on the applicant’s location of origin.
- Select the Application form 3. (2008) from the public service commission. The form is required to be filled out in triple and sent to the Secretary of the Uganda Prisons Authority. you can go to the Uganda prisons website at the following link Prison services provided by UPS
- Applications that are written in handwriting are also accepted.
- The application forms are obtainable from the Prisons Authority Secretariat or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices or can be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website: Public Service Commission
- The applications must include the title and the reference number of the position being applied for.
- Candidates must include the following documents prior to the application
- Three recent passport size photographs,
- Three sets of photocopies that are certified of their academic transcripts as well as
- Certificates and National Identity card (ID).
- The applicants must apply for 2 (2) posts and clearly indicate the second and first choice against the job they have applied for.
- If they are subsequently selected for oral interviews will be required to submit these documents :
- Originals and certified copies of transcripts from the university
- certifications when you sit interviews.
- Personal details (like your full name, birth date, and address)
- Your education and work experience and your credentials
- Your employment history
- Any convictions
- Your financial situation as well as any business concerns
- Tattoos that you’ve had
- Before you can join, you’ll need to take the medical and fitness test to ensure that you have the strength and ability to endure the demands of being the prisoner’s Warders/Wardresse.
- The applicant must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense in any legal court.
- Additionally, candidates who are successful are required to complete twelve (12) months Assistant Cadet Director of Prisons’ Course within the Prisons Staff College and Training School with Three (03) months of attachment.
- After that, you’ll be subjected to thorough background and security checks which include searches on databases of information both local and national
- After you’ve completed each step of this application procedure, then you’ll soon be able to be able to go to further training and the recruiters will give you information you’ll need to know regarding the dates of your training and the next steps.
- The successful candidates will have to be present at the Prisons Staff College and Training School for 12 month Initial Training Course, and for three months for attachment prior to being deployed in the role of a warder for prisoners Wardresse.
- After completing your training in the Prisons Staff College and Training School that lasts for a full year and 3 months of post-training You will be able to join the Uganda Prisons service. You will be provided with all the equipment you require, including a brand new prisons uniform.
Required Documents For Apply to join Uganda Prisons
- Handwritten applications
- Formulary for application 3(2008)
- Three photocopies of the certificates/result slips.
- Three (03) recent passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of National citizenship identification card and ID from former school.
- A certificate of good conduct without criminal record
- An endorsement letter from L.C. I am the chairperson of your villages.
- Recommendation Letter by L.C II and L.C III chairpersons of Districts of Origin.
- An established telephone number for the applicant.
Office Locations and Contacts
The Uganda Prisons ServicePlot 13/15 Parliament Avenue
P.O.Box 7183 Kampala
Site: Uganda Prisons Service
- Contact information Click here to scroll to the bottom of the webpage. Contact details are listed.
All applicants must at least: –
- Ugandan citizens aged 18-30.
- At least possessing an O’level certificate that have at least 4 credits, one of which must be of them in English and a passing grade in Mathematics. (University Diploma holders and graduates are not eligible to apply).
- Physically healthy and fit.
- The entire selection process are free of cost. Don’t pay any anyone for any services during the recruitment process.
- The validity period runs until retirement or the release from prison.
- Processing can take 12 months.
- The ability to be accepted into the military is subject to the successful completion of training.
- A proof of registration form is provided at the time of arrival
- Name of the person who is applying
- Birth date
- Background in education
- Family history
- Physical address and postal address
- District district
- Parish Location
Need to have the Document
- The application provides the applicant with the chance to be recruited for authorities of the Ugandan administration as warders/wardresses.
Information that could be helpful
- Uganda Prisons Service is an equal opportunity employer.
If you wish to be a prisoner, you must meet the following requirements:
- Performance Orientation, Integrity and Ethics Interpersonal Skills; Ability to work in multi- environments; communication skills team building and problem Skills for solving.
- Cadet officers in scientific and professional fields need to be ready to serve in an Penal Institution on general duties for a minimum of two years prior to being sent into their respective fields of expertise.
Notification:Applicants who shall not receive a response an announcement from the Prisons Authority on completion of the recruitment and selection process are considered unsuccessful. .
These are these are the Regional Prisons headquarters spread across the nation:
- Kabale, Mbarara, Masaka, Kampala, Mukono, Jinja, Mbale, Soroti, Moroto, Lira, Gulu, Arua, Masindi, Fort portal and Mubende.