Applying for a Transit Visa In Uganda By Online
- Go to the ministry of immigration and foreign Affairs site Online applicationand read the terms and conditions and then click “Accept”
- The first step is to choose the what type of application you want to submit, under the drop box, select “visa” In the drop box for category choose “Transit” in the drop box under sub categories your computer’s system will automatically select “Transit ” then click “Next”
- The second step is filling in the application form. Read the instructions carefully and ensure that you fill in the form correctly. If that the information you fill in is correct and click on “next step “
- Step 3 Upload all required documents that need to be scanned
- Final step is to submit the application form together with the necessary documents
- Make payment online for the fee, and get an electronic visa online prior to traveling to Uganda
Required Documents For Applying for a Transit Visa
- Passport (bio-data page) that has at least six months of validity
- Recent passport size photograph
- Certificate of vaccination (yellow fever)
- A letter outlining the purpose of transit as well as the country of destination
- Credit or debit cards as well as PayPal Account to settle for the Application fee of USD 50.
- Payments must be made on the internet, otherwise the application won’t be processed until the payment is completed. Online payments are subject to a surcharge of 3%. cost.
Office Locations and Contacts
Immigration UgandaPlot 75, Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165/7191 Kampala – Uganda
Contact number: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Web site: Directorate of immigration
Contact Us Form for Email: contact -us
- A transit visa is required prior to getting into the country .all travellers who are transiting throughout Uganda for a time not longer than two days in total can request a visa.
- The earliest time you could apply is three months prior to the date the date you’re planning to travel. The application deadline is not longer than 15 working days prior to the date of travel.
- Fee for application USD 50
- The payment must be made online. The application will not be processed until the payment has been made. All online payments are subject to a surcharge of 3%. fee.
- This Uganda Transit e-Visa is valid for two days following the time of arrival.
- Within 15-30 working days, you will receive an email confirming whether or not your application was successful.
- It is valid for 2 days. Uganda Transit e-visa is valid for two days following the date of arrival.
- The applicant should not be a resident of Uganda’s republic at the time of application. Uganda at the time of application.
- The passport of the person applying for it has to remain valid for at least six months after entry to Uganda
- The applicant cannot hold any other Uganda visa.
- This visa is not able to be converted to a work permit while within Uganda. Republic of Uganda
- You must print and carry this travel authorization because you will have to display it at the time of entry.
- The applicant must show the same passport that they made an application for the Transit e-visa.
The Information You Need
- The full name of the applicant
- Birth date
- Marital status
- Current nationality
- Birthplace and place of birth. City/province
- Passport number, date of issue, or place of the issue and when it expires.
- Travel the past
Documentation is needed
- Visas are required for visitors to countries to protect their security, regulations or economic considerations. It is crucial to confirm the validity of your visa with a current and trustworthy source, such as the Embassy of the country that you are traveling to. It is possible that you will require visas for all countries you visit or travel through on your journey.
Information that can be useful
- The Republic of Uganda has launched an electronic visa .it is required to be obtained prior to entering the country.all travelers traveling across Uganda for a time of not more than two days can request the visa.
- The application must be accompanied by an onward confirmation for Uganda to a foreign country or alternatively acceptable plans to leave Uganda within two days of the date of arrival.
- Tourists who take advantage of the transit e-visa application for a fee online, and then receive an electronic visa on the internet prior to traveling to Uganda
- The e-visa is a government document that allows access to and entry within Uganda
- The applicant will receive the visa via email, following the completion of the application form in with all the necessary details and after your credit card transaction is made.