How To Change Name for Adult In Austria
- Get all the necessary documents.
- Go to the authority whose jurisdiction your case falls and file a request for or application for name changes along with the necessary documents.
- Make sure you pay all fees necessary.
Documents that are required Change Name for Adult
- Completed application form or in a formal written request
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of marriage (s) or partner certificate (s)
- Divorce/dissolution resolution (s) that is legal force-confirmed
- Documentation of citizenship
- Official photo identification
- It is possible to provide documentation of the degree
Office Locations and Contacts
To locate a registry office: https://www.help.gv.at/linkaufloesung/applikation-flow?leistung=LA-HP-RL-StandesamtHauptwohnsitz&flow=LO&quelle=HELP
District Administrative Authority
To find an Administrator for District. Authority: https://www.help.gv.at/linkaufloesung/applikation-flow?leistung=LA-HP-RL-Namensaenderung&flow=LO&quelle=HELP
Municipal Department 35
Immigration, Citizenship , and Registry Offices – Office Management
1200 Vienna Road 93, Block C
Service number Service number: +43 1 40003535
Fax: +43 1 4000 9935010
Senate Councillor Head of Department Phone: +431 4000 35011.
The Upper Municipal Councillor Director of Department Deputy Call: +431 4000 35013 50 01711.
The office hours are:
Monday to Friday from 7:30 am 15:30 clock, on Thursday in addition, from 15:30 to 17:30 clock
Other than public holidays Good Friday New Year’s Eve (24.12.) (24.12.) and New Year’s Day (31.12.) between 7:30 and 12:00
What Are All The Eligibility
- Austrian Stateless and nationals with a habitual residence in Austria
- Refugees in the Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and the Protocol regarding refugees under Status of Refugees of residence or residence of habitual abode in Austria
If there’s an explanation
To apply: 14.30 EUR
- Additionally, different amounts that have not yet been billed could be applicable. The cost of an official marriage certificate as an additional charge is, for example, from 3.90 euros.
In the absence the substrate (“Preferred Name”)
To apply: 14.30 EUR
- Additionally, different amounts that have not yet been billed could be charged. The charge for an official marriage certificate as an additional charge can be, for instance, up between 3.90 euros and 3.90 euros.
For approval: 545.60 (382.60 and 163 fee, federal federal administrative fee)
- If you return back to the initial German version of the name – even if the person has previously used this name , the total amount is 437.10 EUR (382.60 EUR 54.50 EUR German Federal fee and administrative fee)
Documents to Utilize
Send an email request to change your name
The district administration of the area of residence or habitual residence or the final location of residence or the place of habitual residency in Austria:
- The administration of the district
- In the statutory cities The magistrate
- In Vienna In Vienna: The Municipal Department 35 (even for those who have never had any residence or had a habitual residency in Austria)
Notification: For foreign nationals changing their name, it is will be governed by the laws of their state of residence. In Austria the name change must be done in the event that the foreign nationals have no state and their nationality is not clear and the person has a regular residency in Austria or are refugees under the Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and the Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees resident or ordinarily living in Austria.
The Information You Need
The request to change the name must include the following details:
- Family Name/Surname
- Name of the first name (s)
- Address of residence
- Place and date of birth
- Nationality (or statelessness, unresolved citizenship or refugee status) of the applicant/ the applicant
- The reasons behind why the alteration of the family name or surname, or the first name are requested
- Surname , Last Name, and/or First Name (s) as well as his or her approval is sought where necessary initial Name (s) from or removed (s) and their order to be altered
- Signed by the applicant or the applicant’s legal guardian or legal representative, in the event that the applicant the applicant is not able to sign in their legal capacity
Documentation is needed
Citizens of Austria and stateless individuals or those with no nationality, who are permanently resident in Austria and refugees in accordance with the Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and the Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees of residence or permanent residence in Austria are entitled to change their Family Name and First Name.
Information that could be helpful
Legal Grounds for Change of Name
In order to make the change Family-/Nachnamen one among the grounds legally valid listed in this article must be:
- The Family-/Nachname above is ridiculous or is offensive.
- The name of the previous family is difficult to pronounce, or is difficult to write.
- If the person applying is of a foreign national and would like to have an official family name it helps in determining the status of the applicant in the domestic:
- This request for a name change has to be submitted ? within two years of the granting of Austrian citizenship.
- The applicant applicant is seeking to be a member of a family named she was in good faith, to be eligible to get out has
- The applicant applicant would like to have to have a family name that she or who performed in the past has
- The pros and Family-/Nachname as well as the date of birth , the applicant or the applicant match the same data of another person , therefore accept that mistakes could be made.
- The applicant or the applicant is seeking to have a name or names regardless of finding a surname within 93 to 93c in the General Civil Code obtained (Civil Code)
- The applicant/the applicant plans to apply to apply for a surname, even after the initial Identification in accordance with Code 155 of the Civil Code will
- The applicant applicant is seeking an identity that is identical to that of their registered partner/ registered partner and could be linked to the application in an extremely personal, not derivable legal name that was preceding or following
- The minor applicant or the person applying to the minor’s last name of the individual to be received has custody (or joint control of the plays) or is in the care that she or is, and the relationship between them is not limited to an indefinite period
- The applicant applicant is a holder of Austrian citizenship along with another citizenship . They want to change his or her family name, which has already legally transferred to another employee rules. The reason for the name change is to use the same name as the two rights of native.
- The applicant applicant has the ability to prove that the change in his or her family’s name required to prevent unfair disadvantages in financial terms or in social relations and avoid the possibility that these disadvantages cannot be prevented in any other way.
- The applicant applicant is seeking, for reasons other than for a family name that is different (“Preferred Name”)
Note: As of April 1, 2013, the name of a couple is permitted on children. For more information about naming rights: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/8/Seite.081100.html
Change of name in first name
The change in the initial name of any of the listed statutory reasons, the following must be present:
- The former first name is as if it’s offensive or ridiculous.
- The first name of the former is hard to pronounce or difficult to write.
- The applicant or the applicant is a person of foreign origin and is seeking an identity that is unique to her helps in determining her status in the domestic:
- The request for the name change has to be submitted ? within two years of the date of acquisition of Austrian citizenship.
- The applicant or the applicant would like to have to be given a first name, and has was honest enough to be eligible to get out has
- The applicant applicant is seeking to have a first name, and she or he has previously performed right
- The name of the applicant’s first and last and the date of birth of the applicant the applicant are in line with the data from an individual, therefore agreeing that mistakes could occur
- The applicant applicant may prove that the change in the name of his or her first name is required to avoid unjustly disadvantage oneself in the economic sense or in social relations and the fact that these disadvantages cannot be prevented in another way.
- The applicant or the applicant would like to use to use a alternative nom (“Preferred Name”)
- The adopted child of minor age must have a different initial name, or any other name that is not the one he was given at birth.
- The request for name change has to be submitted ? within two years following adopting or acquiring Austrian citizenship.
- The person who is applying for or plans to alter his / the religion of his / her choice. The applicant received an honorary standing in a particular relationship with the nun’s religious community name or the applicant in a special relationship with the previous religious community’s name:
- The application has to be made within two years of the date of