How To Change Your Name (Deed Poll) In Andorra
How to go about changing your name depends on the category you fall into. The process of changing your name after divorce or marriage is an easy process, whereas changing your name simply because’ takes a bit more effort, but is not difficult and much more simple than it was in the past.
If you want to modify your personal name, you must submit an application to the nearest Superior Court that details the reasons for changing your name. Once the court has approved your petition, it will have to change the information on your Social Security card, driver’s license, and passport.
Documents that are required Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
- Birth certificate or name document
- Identification documents
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Justice and InteriorAdministrative Building Obac
Ctra. Obac, s / n
Principality of Andorra
A / e: email@example.com
Carrer Dr. Vilanova, 13
Edifici Davi, 4 pis
AD500 Andorra la Vella
Phone: + (376) 809 580
Fax: + (376) 824575
Civil Registry Contacts
What Are All The Eligibility
Every person has the right to alter their identity.
Adults and children alike are able to change their names due to many reasons.
If you would like to use an alternative name, you may alter your identity at any point provided that you do not plan to deceive or fraud someone else. There isn’t any legal procedure to follow to change your name. Simply start using your new identity. You can alter your first name or surname, include names, or change your existing names.
While there isn’t a legal method to change a name, you might want proof of changing your name. You cannot, however, alter the information in your birth certificates with the exception of certain circumstances.
If you decide to switch your names you are able to use your name you have chosen for any purpose including publishing marriage bans or legal proceedings, as well as getting, or changing the details on a driver’s license or passport.
- Your name appears on your birth certificate, documents pertaining to citizenship or immigration.
- The full name you’re trying to change (if you’re switching your names).
- Birth date and location
- Details about marital status and other details
- Residences for the at least three months
- Address for correspondence
The Document is required Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
If you use or want to use another name than the name you registered There are no laws that require to change your name officially. However, it is advised to change your name legally to be able to identify yourself and as proof of the name change.
Name change is generally the legal action of the person who is adopting the name of a different person to their birth name either through marriage or adoption. The procedure and the ease of the name change differs across the jurisdictions.
Information that could be helpful
Generally speaking, you are able to legally change your identity to any name you’d like to. However, there are some exceptions however:
- You shouldn’t change your name to get rid of debts or cover yourself from criminal charges.
- It is not possible to change your name to commit any crime.
- It is not possible to change your name to deceive. This typically involves using the name of someone famous. The courts generally don’t allow this, unless there is compelling evidence that is not connected to the celebrity or the use of their name.
- It is not advisable to choose a name that is confusing because it has punctuation marks or numerals. But, certain courts have allowed individuals to spell out numbers, like “Seven” in place of “7”.
- You shouldn’t pick names that could be intimidating or offend anyone, or be considered to be obscene.
- You cannot select a racial insult.
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
You may wish for a change in your personal name due to:
- You’ve just been married
- You’ve been divorced
- Just want to change your mind
Ministry of Justice and Interior
Foreign Affairs Government of Andorra Government of Andorra
There is no need for any legal proof to prove that you’ve switched your names, as long as you can prove that you are recognized by the new name you have chosen. However, there are certain situations, such as seeking a passport where additional proof of the change in name is required. The proof required is contingent on the reason it is required and could be:
- an official letter from a responsible individual
- A public announcement
- a statutory declaration
- a deed poll.