Deregistration of a Community Based Organization (CBO) In Uganda By Online
- To remove a community-based organisation (CBO) one must submit an application to the District Non-Governmental Monitoring Committee in the district.
- The request for deregistration must be submitted using the form M which can be obtained in the office of the District NGO Monitoring Committee.
- The following documents must be provided to be included with the application to deregister an Community Based Organization, –
- A copy of the constitution that is the constitution of the Community Based Organization to be deregistered
- A recommendation from the Sub-County Non-Governmental Organizations Monitoring Committee indicating that the CBO is operating in the sub-county;
- A budget and work plan or a strategic strategy to an organization that is a Community Based Organization showing activities within the community during the operation
- A certificate of registration for the Community Based Organization during the time of its operation in the district or sub-county.
- After arranging the above documents, do the first step before visiting the Nongovernmental monitoring committees in the District.
- A meeting is called to seek the deregistration of CBO members.
- Make an agenda for the next meeting. that seek cancellation of CBO This should be approved by at least two-thirds of the members.
Step 2. :
- Visit the Sub-county’s Nongovernmental Monitoring committee office, the The Sub-county’s Public Service , in your local sub-county, to submit an official written application to the appropriate officer.The officer will then recommend your application to the District to proceed further.
- Request a deregistration form from the non-governmental monitoring committee located in the District.
- Below you will find the DEREGISTRATION FORMS for a COMMUNITY BASED OFFICIAL to fill out and submit.
- Fill out the Registration Form, and attach the following requirements:
- The official letter of the CBO.
- Original certificate.
- Minutes from CBO that contain reasons for deregistration, signed by at least two-thirds of members.
- Names of the Members as well as ID numbers and signatures.
- Letter of recommendation from the Sub-county’s non-governmental monitoring committee officer.
- Get the Acknowledgment of Deregistration.
- It takes an entire day to be deregistered. If the deregistration is approved, an acknowledgement that deregistration has been granted to the Nongovernmental monitoring committee in the District.
- If the DNMC does not want to remove a CBO from registration it must justify the refusal in writing , and inform the CBO that it has made its choice within 30 days on Formula M.
Required Documents For Deregistration of a Community Based Organization
- The official letter of the CBO when applicable.
- The original certificate is returned to the the registration authority.
- Minutes from CBO with reasons for deregistration must be signed by not less than two-thirds of the members.
- Names of the Members Signature, ID Nos, and Names.
- Copy of the audit report from that year’s previous audit report.
- Minutes of the general assembly or the governing body
Office Locations and Contacts
Non-governmental Bureau BoardMinistry of Internal Affairs
Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O.Box 791, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Site: Ministry of internal Affairs
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
Lot 5 George Street, Georgian House
P.O. P.O. Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
Tele: +256 414 233 219,
Tele:+256 414 235 915
Fax Line Phone Number: +256 414250 712.
Website:Uganda registration service Bureau
Registered CBO with an active certificate of registration, and is seeking to end its operations.
The application is available free without charge.
The deregistration remains valid for a lifetime.
Examples of Documents
Regulation 16 (4)
THE REPUBLIC of UGANDA
The NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATIONS Act (2016).
Notification of Refusal to Register A CITIZEN BASED ORGANISATION
TAKE NOTICE that the application number ………………………. dated this……….of……….20…….of…………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………(state full name and address of the Community Based Organisation) for registration with the District Non-Governmental Organisations Monitoring Committee, has been.
refused on the following grounds…………………………..
Dated this ………………..day of …………………20……
District Non-Governmental Organisations Monitoring Committee
One working day if everything is in good working order.
The Information You Need
- Certificate of Registration Number
- Nom of Group
- Names of Members
- ID proof for every member
- The mission and the goals of the Group
- Reason for deregistration
Documentation is needed
- The de-registration is a formal removal of the CBO from recognition in the formal sense and its listing in the government’s documents.
- A CBO must be registered in order to conduct its business in Uganda. After registration the CBO is issued an operating license, which permits them to conduct business in Uganda.
- If one ceases to make tax-free supplies.
- The deregistration of CBOs CBO could be triggered when one changes the character of a community-based organization to one that is a tax-exempt business, or when a legal change is made to the classification of supplies from exempt to tax-deductible.
- It could also be the result of the winding-up of a the business.
- The CBO organisation voluntarily submits a request for deregistration or to be closed.
- Declination to submit turnover reports to the NGO bureau.
Information that can be useful
- A CBO must be deregistered within the county in which it is situated .The De-registration offices are found across all sub-counties of the United States around.
- Based on the definition of the definition of a CBO it is evident that the CBO is required to expand beyond one sub-county and, if it is required to allow an CBO to expand beyond the boundaries of a single county and beyond, it must apply for expansion of its coverage area.
- A CBO has no legal status and does not need a lengthy process for dissolution. The CBO can be dissolved according to its constitution or the governing documents.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- Legally deregistering the CBO provides its CBO legal protection against any future obligations that it incurs in its name.
- When there is a situation where the District Non-Governmental Monitoring Committee refuses to remove the Community Based Organization, the District Non-Governmental Monitoring Committee shall provide reasons for its decision and inform the Community Based Organization of its decision within 30 days.
- The notification must be made in the form C.
- The district non-governmental monitoring committee can decide to deny registration to CBOs CBO when the person seeking deregistration for the CBO provided inaccurate or misleading information.
- The name proposed for the CBO is identical to the name of an NGO that is already in operation or other entity that is operating in the same area or
- The proposed name for the CBO is confusing or unsuitable.