Get Certificate of Pharmaceutical Product (COPP) in Nigeria By Yourself
- The applicant must visit the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control to apply for a Certificate of Pharmaceutical Product.
- You can find the contact link to NAFDAC in the contact link
- Visit the office to obtain a Certificate of Pharmaceutical Product (COPP), according to the requirements of the relevant department.
- Completing the form includes all relevant information. Once completed, sign it.
- After you have completed the application form, attach all documents required by this section.
- Submit it in person to any relevant office. As directed by the officials, make the required payment.
- After the submission of your application, you will receive it along with any other documents for verification and examination.
- After the validation and verification processes have been completed, the application will then be approved. The officials will then proceed to issue the certificate.
- The office will notify the applicant via email or phone about the collection. They can also collect the document by any means.
- The applicant may also contact the office to inquire about the status of their application.
- The E-license link is required to apply online for a Certificate of Pharmaceutical Product.
- Register with Nigeria Single Window Trade Portal and enter your credentials. Click “Login” to continue.
- If this is not possible, the person who wishes to register must contact/visit Federal Inland Revenue Services where he/she obtained a TIN. He/she will need one valid email address and mobile number along with the identification details of any other company as required by FIRS.
- Then, visit the following link to register: apply online.
- Enter your TIN number, email ID, and text image into the fields, then click “Validate”.
- Follow these instructions to complete the registration. The applicant will then be able to apply for the certificate of analysis.
- Click the Elicense application link to enter your user details. Then, click the “Login” button.
- The main NAFDAC e-License page will be displayed. For digitization of certificates/permits, please click ‘Permit/Certificate Enrolment’ option on the left side.
- Begin by filling in the details for each tab and then proceed to the next step by following the instructions on the screen.
- Once you have completed all tabs successfully, click the “Submit” button in order to submit your application form. In the dialog that opens, click “Yes”.
- In the next tab, click “ok”. You will receive an email notification at your registered email address.
- The application and all supporting documents will be sent to the appropriate authorities for verification and examination.
- You will find the Support Information tab in the portal. This tab gives you a general status for your application. The Application Progress Indicator displays the status of your application at NAFDAC.
- An email notification is sent immediately to the registered email address if there is any query regarding an application.
- Use the’search function’ and ‘Support info’ tabs to respond to any queries. Follow the instructions on screen to make the necessary changes and then update the application.
- Once all information has been verified, the application is approved. The officials then proceed with the necessary steps to issue the certificate.
- The portal will display a button to print the Certificate once it is available for download. To download your certificate, click that button.
Documents Required For Get Certificate of Pharmaceutical
- Completed application form
- Documentation proving company registration
- Documentation proving identity of the applicant
- Tax Identification Number
- Relevant inspection/Quality Analysis report
- For companies located outside Nigeria, proof of power of attorney
- If applicable, proof of payment
- Any supporting document (as instructed)
Find Office Locations and Contacts
NAFDAC Corporate Headquarters,Plot 2032,
Obasanjo Way, Zone 7,
Send an inquiry:
0700-1-NAFDAC (0700-1-623322), +234(0)-1-4609750
Website: Homepage link
Lagos Operation Office:
Plot 1, Industrial Estate,
Lagos- OshodiApapa Expressway,
Regional offices: regional office addresses
What are all the Eligibility
- A COPP is available to any Pharmaceutical Product Manufacturer who requires a certificate that is based on the product’s Quality.
- If the manufacturer is located outside Nigeria, the power of attorney can be used to make the application.
For more information on fees, please contact the office.
- Type and Company Name
- Tax Identification Number
- Register Certificate Number
- Date of incorporation
- Physical and postal addresses of the company
- Email address and contact number
- Applicant names
- Source and type of product
- Product Description and HS Code
- Name and address of the manufacturer
- Specifications of the product
- Card details
You will need the document
- A Certificate of Pharmaceutical Product might be required by the manufacturer of a pharmaceutical product if the drug is required to be registered with NAFDAC prior to import.
- It is a certification that the World Health Organization recommends to verify the quality of a pharmaceutical drug product.