Get Commercial Invoice (Port Authority) in Nigeria By Yourself
- The applicant must visit the Nigeria Port Authority to obtain a Commercial Invoice.
- You can find the address and contact details in the contact link.
- You can visit the office to obtain the Customer Identification (Id), Number application form from the relevant department.
- Completion of the application form is required. Then submit it to the appropriate authority along with the documents listed under “Required Documents”.
- The port authority will issue the customer ID within three hours after receipt of the Registration Certificate and the request.
- The applicant can then proceed to get a Commercial Invoice by submitting the Customer Identification Number (Id) number and following the instructions given by the official present.
- A soft copy of E-Manifest for the shipping vessel must be provided in XML format.
- Once all necessary processes are completed, the official will issue the Commercial Invoice within an hour. This is generated using the Revenue and Invoice management System (RIMS).
- The applicant must first get a NPA Customer Identification Number (Id) number in order to apply online for Commercial Invoice.
- To obtain a Customer Identification (Id) Number, a shipping company/agent should apply through email, by forwarding an application request with the Registration Certificate to the following email address: email@example.com
- Customers who are not customers of NPA should go to the NPA office and request the Customer’s ID. You can find the address and contact details in the contact link.
- Any applicant who has obtained an Identification number must visit the following online form link
- Click the link to enter your username and password and then click the “Sign In” button.
- Navigate to the platform/module by clicking “Manifest Upload” on the Homepage. Enter your Customer ID for Ship Entry. You can get your eSEN Number via the eSEN Application.
- To validate your information, click on “Submit”. You will then be redirected for uploading your manifest.
- The data from the eSEN registration will already be prepopulated.
- Select the vessel type. Select the Registration File from the Workstation.
- Select the Manifest Header File the manifest from the location on your workstation. Select Customs Respond File (for uploading with SEN).
- The BOL files for the manifest can be added from the location on your workstation. After you have added all BOL files, click on “Start Upload”.
- Enter the Rotation number obtained from Custom’s Manifest or Ship Entry (for Coastal Operation). Click the checkbox “I agree” to these terms and conditions.
- Select the check box “I confirm” that the manifest entries I have made are correct as of the date of completion.
- Click “Submit” and send the Ship Entry & Manifest to the Tariff & Billing Department at NPA for review.
- If the information provided is not in accordance with the requirements, it will be highlighted and you will receive notification to correct the error.
- You will receive the Manifest ID for your entry upon successful upload
Documents Required For Get Commercial Invoice
- Request for Customer Identification (Id), Number
- Certificate of registration as a shipping company/agent
- Vessel’s E-manifest
- Any supporting document (as required)
Find Office Locations and Contacts
Corporate Head Office,Nigerian Ports Authority,
26/28 Marina, Lagos.
P.M.B. 12588 Lagos
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tel: +234 01463 7496, +234 01463 7497, +234 01463 7498
What are all the Eligibility
Any shipping agent who wants to get a Commercial Invoice on the cargo vessel it holds can apply.
For details on fees, please contact the authorities.
- Customers who aren’t Shipping Companies/Agents must apply to the Chief Port Accountant at the Port/Location where they plan to do business with NPA.
- To be accepted by the Authority, it is essential that all information on the completed form be correct and that the form is filled in clearly.
- To avoid rejections, make sure you attach all required documents.
- Particulars about the applicant
- Identification Number
- Contact details and address
- Shipping Agent details
- Particulars of incorporation
- Register number
- Directors’ details
- Particulars of Chief Officers
- Information about the equipment
- Bank details
- Number of the payment receipt/Transaction ID
You will need the document
A commercial invoice is needed when a shipping agency needs to issue an invoice for the cargo manifest that it handles. The commercial invoice represents the equivalent in money of the goods in the transaction currency.