How to Get National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate in Nigeria

Get National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate in Nigeria By Yourself

  • The applicant must visit the National Youth Service Corps State Secretariat in order to apply for a Discharge Certificate.
  • You can find the contact link for the address and contact information of the NYSC State Secretariats.

  • You can visit the office to obtain a National Youth Services Corps Discharge Certificate.
  • Completing the application form includes all relevant information. Once completed, sign it.
  • After you’ve completed the application form, attach all required documents to this page.
  • Submit it in person to any relevant office. As directed by the officials, make the required payment.
  • After the submission of your application, you will receive it along with any other documents for verification and examination.
  • After the validation and verification processes have been completed, the application will then be approved. The officials will then proceed to issue the Certificate.
  • The office will notify the applicant via email or phone when the document is available for collection. The applicant can then collect the document by any of the applicable methods.

Documents Required For Get National Youth Service

  • Completed application form
  • National Identification card/Passport
  • Declaration of Age
  • Documentation proving employment and the duration of employment
  • Qualifications Documentary Proof
  • Any supporting document (as instructed)

Find Office Locations and Contacts

National Head Office National Youth Services Corps
Plot 416 Tigris Crescent
Off AguiyiIronsi Street, Maitama.
PMB 138 Garki,Abuja
Website Homepage link
Contact link

What are all the Eligibility

  • An exemption certificate can be applied for by anyone who holds a B.SC, HND, or B.A degree from an approved or accredited institution.
  • The applicant must not be older than 30 years.
  • A Nigerian resident can apply, or any candidate who has graduated from a country that is eligible for a mobilisation certificate.


For details on fees, please contact the authorities.

Useful Documents

Foreign applicants can also apply online. The online application hyperlink can be found below.


  • To be accepted by authorities, it is essential that all information on the completed form be correct and that the form be filled in clearly.
  • To avoid rejections, make sure you attach all required documents.
  • Residents should apply at the NYSC, while graduates who are foreign-trained must submit their applications to the Mobilization Department for Evaluation.

Requirements Information

  • Name of the applicant
  • Contact details
  • Number of identification card
  • Physical and email address
  • Contact details
  • Number of the payment receipt/Transaction ID
  • Bank details

You will need the document

A NYSC member must obtain a National Youth Services Corps Discharge certificate whenever he/she wants to be eligible for any privileges or benefits offered by the Corps.

Information that might be of assistance

  • If a person does not meet the requirements of the Department at the time of graduation or the obtaining of his diploma, or any other professional qualification, he will not be called to the service corps.
  • For more information, refer to – pertinent information




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here