Get Petroleum Tax Return in Nigeria By Yourself
- For a petroleum tax return, please visit the Income Tax office of Federal Inland Revenue.
- You can find the address and contact information of the office at the following link: Link
- You can visit the Office to obtain the Application for Petroleum Tax Return from the relevant Department or download the application form at the Link
- Please complete the application with all details and essential information. The applicant must attest it with his signature.
- You should ensure that you have all documents listed under “Required Documents” on this page. All the documents listed above should be attached.
- It should then be submitted to the appropriate authority. Pay the fees required for the application process at office, as directed by officials. If applicable, you will also be issued an acknowledgement slip detailing the amount paid.
- Your application and any attached documents will be checked for deficiency.
- Once all processes have been completed, the concerned officials will approve your application and return the petroleum tax.
Documents Required For Get Petroleum Tax
- Please complete the Application Form
- Valid proof of identity
- You must provide proof of residency
- Proof of taxpayer registration
- Documented financial statements
- Any supporting document
- Valid Tax identification number
- Receipt of payment
Find Office Locations and Contacts
Head Office, Federal Inland Revenue Services
15 Sokode Crescent,
Wuse Zone 2
Phone: +234 9074 444 441, +234 9074 444 442
Contact link: Link
Directions in Google Map: Link
Branch Locator: Link
What are all the Eligibility
- Anyone who wants to receive a return on petroleum tax can apply.
Any registered entity that is eligible to apply for Petroleum tax can do so if they have an activated Income tax product.
Documents for Use
- This process typically takes between 30-120 days.
For the most current information, please contact our office
- Please fill out the application form correctly and in all required columns.
- Send the completed application with all required documents to the authority.
- Please pay the appropriate amount when you submit the application form to the office.
- Name and address
- Email address and contact details
- Tax identification number valid
You will need the document
Anyone who wants to obtain a petroleum tax return within Nigeria must apply at the Federal Inland Revenue Service / Income tax office.
Information that might be of assistance
- Late submission of a return carries a penalty of N10,000, plus N2,000 per day.
- Instalments of tax that are not paid by the due date will be subject to a penalty of 10% and interest at the CBN’s minimum rediscount rate. If payment is not received within one month, enforcement will take place.