Get Single Goods Declaration (Port Authority) in Nigeria By Yourself
- The applicant must visit the Nigeria Customs Service office in person to apply for Single Goods Declaration.
- You can find the address and contact information of the NCS in the contact link
- Visit the office to obtain a Single Goods Declaration Application Form from the relevant department.
- You should ensure that you have all required documents as listed in the “Required Documents” section.
- Completion of the application form with all information required and signature attest.
- Attach the required documents to the form. Finally, submit the form to the Office for further processing and verification.
- The application and any attached documents are checked by Customs Department after submission.
- After the verification process is completed successfully, the Customs Department issues a Single Goods Declaration.
- For the purpose of obtaining the document, the applicant will be contacted by phone or email.
Note that Online is only for customs brokers and importers, not exporters.
- The following link is required to apply online for Single Goods Declaration.
- Register with Nigeria Single Window Trade Portal and enter your credentials. Click “Login” to continue.
- If this is not possible, the person who wishes to register must contact/visit Federal Inland Revenue Services where he/she obtained a TIN. He/she will need one valid email address and mobile number along with the identification details of any other company as required by FIRS.
- Then, visit the following link to register: apply online.
- Enter your TIN number, email ID, and text image into the fields, then click “Validate”.
- Follow these instructions to complete the registration. The applicant can then proceed to apply for Single Goods Declaration. Select the “Single Goods Declaration” option from the drop-down menu at the top.
- To get Single Goods Declaration Form, click the “Fill SGD” button on the page. You will see the form.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete all sections.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to upload soft copies of required documents.
- Once you have completed all sections, click “Store” to save them to your database. Next, verify your information by clicking the “verify” button. Finally, you will need to evaluate them by clicking the “assess” button.
- Finally, click the appropriate option to print the Declaration.
Documents Required For Get Single Goods
- Completed Declaration form
- Commercial invoice
- Bill of Lading
- Formula M
- Pre-Arrival Assessment Report
- Where applicable, license as a customs agent
- Any supporting document (as required)
Find Office Locations and Contacts
Headquarters,Nigeria Customs Service,
Abidjan Street, Wuse
Abuja – FCT
Telephone: 09 4621597, 4621598, 4621599
Fax: 09 5234694.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
What are all the Eligibility
- Anyone who is an importer or exporter in Nigeria and wishes to have a complete list of the goods can apply.
- Any agent who is licensed as a customs agent can also apply.
This service is completely free.
- Exporters receive the Single Goods Declaration in hardcopy or as a physical document. An importer or customs agent can generate it online.
- The license must have been obtained by the Customs’ Office where the goods are to be exported.
- Anyone applying online must be a Community user to the Nigeria Single Window of Trade.
- Name of the company
- Name and Gender of the CEO
- Address of the office
- Contact details and email address
- Number of registration certificate
- Year of incorporation
- Exporter Registration number
- Description of goods
- Email address
You will need the document
A Single Goods Declaration, issued by Customs Department, is a document that lists the goods to transport and provides details.