Get Withholding Vat Return in Nigeria By Yourself
- For a Withholding Tax Return, please visit Federal inland Revenue Service’s Income tax office.
- You can find the address and contact information of the office at the following link: Link
- You can visit the Office to obtain the Application for Withholding Tax Return from the relevant Department or download it from the following link Link (page1).
- Please complete the application with all details and essential information. The applicant must attest it with his signature.
- You should ensure that you have all documents listed under “Required Documents” on this page. All the documents listed above should be attached.
- It should then be submitted to the appropriate authority. Pay the fees required for the application process at office, as directed by officials. If applicable, you will also be issued an acknowledgement slip detailing the amount paid.
- Your application and any attached documents will be checked for deficiency.
- Once all processes have been completed, the concerned officials will approve your application and return the withholding tax.
Documents Required For Get Withholding Vat
- Please complete the Application Form
- Valid proof of identity
- You must provide proof of residency
- Proof of taxpayer registration
- Documented financial statements
- Any supporting document
- Valid Tax identification number
- Receipt of payment
Find Office Locations and Contacts
Head Office, Federal Inland Revenue Services
15 Sokode Crescent,
Wuse Zone 2
Phone: +234 9074 444 441, +234 9074 444 442
Website: Homepage link
Contact link: Contact link
Directions in Google Map: Link
Branch Locator: Link
What are all the Eligibility
- Anyone who wants to receive a VAT tax return may apply.
Any VAT-tax registered entity that has an activated income tax product may apply.
Documents for Use
- The process typically takes between 30-120 days.
For the most current information, please contact our office
- Please fill out the application form correctly and in all required columns.
- Send the completed application with all required documents to the authority.
- Please pay the appropriate amount when you submit the application form to the office.
- Name and address
- Email address and contact details
- Tax identification number valid
You will need the document
Anyone who wants to receive VAT tax returns within Nigeria must apply at the Federal Inland Revenue Service / Income tax office.
Information that might be of assistance
- VAT is a consumption tax that is charged when goods and services are bought.
- It’s a multi-stage tax
- Final consumers are responsible for paying VAT
- All goods and services, whether they are produced in the country or imported into it, are subject to tax, except for those exempted under the VAT Act.
- VAT is charged at 7.5%
- Certain goods and services, such as those that are not oil exports, are not rated zero
- All taxable persons must file monthly VAT returns no later than the 21st day after the month of transaction.
Three groups of taxpayers are subject to the Nigerian VAT system. They must deduct VAT at source, and then remit it directly to the tax authority. These are:
- Companies from Nigeria that conduct VATable transactions within the country with companies not resident in Nigeria
- The government ministries, statutory bodies, and other agencies;
- Companies that operate in the oil and natural gas sector.