Import Wildlife Specimen in Nigeria By Yourself
- The Federal Ministry of Environment requires that the applicant registers as a wildlife specimen importer in order to import Nigerian Wildlife Specimens.
- You can find the address and contact information of the office on the following page: Contact link
- Register as a Wildlife specimen importer by visiting the office.
- You should ensure that all documents required by this page are available to you.
- Please complete the application form.
- Send the application along with all required documents to the appropriate authority.
- You must also pay the fees required for registration, as directed by officials.
- After the submission of your application, you will receive it along with any other documents for verification and examination.
- The Environmental officers will also inspect the premises of the exporter.
- After the validation and verification processes have been completed, the application will then be approved. The officials will then proceed to issue the Registration Certificate.
- The office will send a formal notice to the applicant when the document is available for collection. The applicant can then collect the document by any means that suits him.
Documents Required For Import Wildlife
- Completed application form
- Evidence of company registration
- Electronic form M
- Report of laboratory analysis on the specimen
- If required, a veterinary in-transit permit
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), certifies certification
- Receipt/proof of payment
- Any supporting document (as required)
Find Office Locations and Contacts
What are all the Eligibility
- Any Nigerian organization that wants to import Wildlife Specimens for commercial purposes can apply.
- The importable specimen should be included in the approved list under the Protection of Endangered Species International Trade Regulations.
For more information on fees, please contact the office.
- To avoid rejections, applicants are asked to fill out the application carefully and accurately.
- To speed up the process of applying, you must provide all required documents.
- Particulars of the applicant
- Particulars of incorporation
- Number for export registration
- Profile of an animal
- The animal’s DNA and blood group
- Particulars of specimen
- Banking details
- Identification document number
You will need the document
A permit must be obtained from the Federal Ministry of Environment for any Nigerian importer who plans to import Wildlife specimens for commercial purposes.