Acquire Factories Corporation of Jamaica (FCJ) Land In Jamaica By Online
Application In Person
- To acquire land from the Factories Corporation of Jamaica (FCJ) land through sale or lease under the terms of an unrequest for Expressions of Interest i.e. that it is not under the terms of an advertised property of the FCJ If you wish to submit your application in full at the FCJ office for processing. you can view their contact information by clicking this hyperlink: Link
- If you’ve identified an opportunity that interests you, you should write an uninvited statement of your interest (EOI) directed to the General Manager of FCJ in writing, clearly stating:
- The purpose for which it is intended
- The specifics of the person or persons who submitted the request.
- A purchase proposal for the land
- Send the EOI to the office of the FCJ in person, or mail it to their email address at the address listed in the “Office Contacts and Locations” section.
- Once you have submitted your application after receiving your application, FCJ will examine your application and provide you with an email with what steps need to take in relation to your application within one week of receiving of the request.
- You must perform a valuation of the property you’re interested in by a licensed property appraiser and then submit a purchase proposal to the FCJ in accordance with the appraisal of the property
- After you have submitted your purchase offer after submitting your purchase offer, the FCJ will examine the offer with the National Land Agency (NLA)within two to four weeks after receiving the purchase offer to determine the value of the land
- Following the NLA appraisal after which the FCJ will then advertise this property as well conduct tender or bidding exercise on the property. You are required to make a proposal that is consistent with the advertisement.
- The FCJ will award an award on the basis of the bid and will the FCJ will then negotiate an offer of buy with you inside 4 to 6 weeks of receiving the bid
- After FCJ accepts your final offer the bid will be forwarded to the appropriate ministry to get ministerial approval.
- If you are approved and If the FCJ approves of your application they will provide you with an agreement for the sale or lease on the property. You’ll have to go to the FCJ’s office in order to get an original copy of the final agreement.
Required Documents For Acquire Factories Corporation of Jamaica (FCJ) Land
- Non-solicited Expressions of Interest
- Bidding documents
- Any other document of relevance that could be used to support your application
Office Locations and Contacts
‘ The Factories Corporation of Jamaica
17 Knustford Boulevard
Mon – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tel: (876) 968-4766
Fax: (876) 929-7453
- Companies and individuals who would like to purchase FCJ property are eligible.
- The value of the property will be noted in the contract documents
- The process continues until you are the owner of the land.
- Between 3 and 4 months.
- You can also purchase FCJ’s properties when they advertise the property through their print media. In this instance they will outline the steps to follow and the documents to be submitted to be successful in your bid and purchase
The Information You Need
- The intended purpose
- The specifics of the person or persons who made the request.
- A purchase proposal for the land
The Document is required
- The contract for lease or sale signed by the FCJ is legally binding for both parties, and proves that you’ve obtained the property legally manner.
- FCJ: Link