How to National Identification Number Registration of Alien Persons (Foreigner) In Uganda

National Identification Number Registration of Alien Persons (Foreigner) In Uganda By Yourself

  1. All applicants must gather the necessary documents, and then visit for the National identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) or Register office close to you.
  2. Go to the service desk and request the application form. Read carefully the directions and complete it correctly, include all the required documents copies and send them to the registrar.
  3. The registrar will verify and approve your application if all the details are in order . They will then enter you to the register books. They will issue you with an unique identification number. You will be asked to arrive and collect your foreign identity card.

Required Documents For National Identification Number Registration of Alien Persons (Foreigner)

  1. Passport valid for the person applying (copy as well as original)
  2. A bank certificate (proof of payment)at any of the banks that offer URA services.
  3. Work permit
  4. Certificate of residency
  5. Correctly filled out and completed application form
  6. Two passport photograph

Office Locations and Contacts

National identification and Registration AuthorityNIRA (HEADQUARTERS)
National Independence Grounds, Kololo Airstrip
P.O. Box 26529 in Kampala-Uganda.
Tel (Reception) +256 312119600
For more information about National Identification Registration
Call: +256 312119631/+256 312119639
For information regarding Birth, Death, and Adoption Registration of Orders
Call: +256 312119601
For inquiries on Public Relations
Call: +256 312119605

Uganda Registration Services Bureau
The Head Office, Plot 5, George Street, Georgian House
P.O Postal Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
Phone + 256414233219
Call Centre +256417338100
Toll Free Line 0800100006
Fax: +256414250712
Website portal: [1]

Ministry of Immigration and foreign affairs Uganda
Plot 75, Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165/7191, Kampala – Uganda
Telephone number: +256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Web site: Directorate of immigration
Contact Us Form for Email: contact -us


  • Any person who is an alien living in Uganda aged 18 and over



The withdrawal of an alien’s identities cards.

The board may take away the identity card of any alien any foreigner

  • upon the holder’s gaining citizenship of Uganda
  • upon the holder’s departure from Uganda without any intention of returning , or
  • At the time of dies the owner.

Requirements Information

  1. The full name of the person applying
  2. Number of the passport of the person applying
  3. The nationality of the applicant
  4. The applicant’s sexual orientation
  5. Address of residence of the applicant’s address
  6. The signature of the person applying
  7. Birth date/location of application
  8. Date of application

The Document is required

  • Alien ID cards are a type of document for foreigners that allows them to carry an identity card that is accepted as valid by Uganda government institutions. It also grants access to services like URA PIN as well as applying for a work permit opening a business bank account, requesting a Company URA PIN and completing tax returns, and more.

Information that could be helpful

Identity card lost

  1. In the event of loss or damage to identification cards, owner of the card should notify the person who lost, destroyed of damage or loss to nearest police station or the immigration office with the information of the identity card as well as an in-depth account of the circumstances in which the destruction, loss, or damage occurred. The police officer or the immigration officer will issue a temporary certificate to the holder informing him of the loss, destruction , or damage or destruction of their card.
  2. If a lost card cannot be found within a month from the date of destruction, or in the event of destruction or damage , as quickly as is practical the registered officer will issue an additional card to the person who lost it.

Registration independent at 18 years old

  1. When he or she reaches the age of 18 years an alien who is registered as a child must appear before the registration officer in the place of residence to apply for an individual registration, and for his or her registration-
    (a) The name will be removed from the list of children’s names.
    (b) The person will be issued an identification card

External Links




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here