How To Obtain a Birth Certificate In Algeria
- If your birthplace was Algeria and now reside elsewhere, you may submit an online application for your birth certificate for 12S.
- The application form can be found at: http://demande12s.interieur.gov.dz
- You must sign up on the site, following which you will be sent an email with your password.
- In order to sign up to register, click on the Register tab and then enter your name and initials along with your email address.
- Go to the 12S Application tab, and enter your email address, as well as the password you’ve received, and click enter.
- Complete the form, including the required information, and then click Register.
- Logging into your account, you can monitor the applications you have submitted by clicking Submission Tracking. This will show what’s happening with all your applications.
- Your birth certificate 12S can be retrieved at the office of registration or the Consulate where you have registered.
Documents that are required Obtain a Birth Certificate
- Copy of parent’s (s) current registration cards;
- A family album, should you own one
- The prepaid Registered Post envelope for the return of documents
Office Locations and Contacts
Palais du gouvernement,01 Rue Dr SAADANE ALGER – ALGERIE
Tl: +213 126.96.36.199
What Are All The Eligibility
Algerian nationals can get an official birth certificate by presenting the family book or duplicate of a birth certificate issued by Algeria.
Documents to Utilize
Examples of Documents
The process of birth or marriage registration will take at least one lunar month (depending on the amount applicants).
For citizens who were born and who are registered in Algeria
They can request their birth certificate by signing up and submitting their request on the website that is made available through the Ministry of Interior and Local Authorities they can request the documents directly through the site of birth. Or they can sign a authority to act (procuration) which is and signed by our service on behalf of an adult, who will carry out the process to request and collect the birth certificate at the birthplace of birth.
For citizens born in other countries
You should request a birth certificate from the Consular service where the birth registration was completed.
The Information You Need
- Type the characters in the series
The Document is required Obtain a Birth Certificate
As a facilitating measure to obtain the special birth certificate “12 S”, compulsory for the issuance of the biometric passport, Algerian citizens can, from now on, apply online for the special birth certificate “12 S” through a website made available to them by the Ministry of the Interior and Local Authorities: http://demande12s.interieur.gov.dz
The application must be submitted following the having registered the candidate.
The applicant is able to track online the progress of treatment of his/her application.
The person who is applying for the visa must visit the Consulate to take away the document once it is the document is complete (the 12s cannot be sent via post).
Information that could be helpful
Also, it’s the citizens desire to supply all documents required for each category. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered and mail-in applications can be returned back to the person who sent them.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- Birth registration
- Recognizing the identity of each National citizen.
It is in the best interest of the citizen not to hold off on submitting the application to register of one’s or a child’s birth.