Obtain a Certificate of Origin In Italy By Online
- Certificates of Origin are documents that prove the origin of products, for customs and commercial purposes. The request should be submitted by the person applying (either either in Italian or any among the European Union languages) in appropriate forms (made comprising the application and the original copy which is returned as well as a duplicate of the document) and given directly to the Chamber of Commerce in whose is the area where goods are made or to the location in the place where the office registered is located and the applicant has elected to be its domicile.
- When a Form A can be issued , the authorities of your country must verify whether everything’s in place and the items in question are genuine ones. There are also rules which govern the operation of EU GSP which require the Customs Authorities in the importing Member State of the European Union to ask the authorities in the country of export to conduct further periodic checks for goods that have shipped to European Union under the GSP. If these post-exportation, or subsequent (a posteriori in French), verification checks show that your goods did not satisfy the rules of origin, then your customer in the European Union will have to pay customs duty at the full (non-preferential)rate. If this happens , you may be confronted with claims for compensation , or even with the non-payment of the goods that you provided. There is a chance that you could lose business for the future, because customers don’t be willing to take the risk of receiving additional unexpected duties on goods they purchased from you.
- It is important for you to make sure that you are aware of the rules that were originally in place and follow them in a timely manner.
- To allow for the Chamber of Commerce to carry an assessment exercise prior to the issue certificates, applicants for goods that are entirely made in Italy should indicate, on the reverse the manufacturing location as well as the company name the company that manufactured the product (or the name of business for the business).
- If goods produced in Italy received processing on the Italian territory in a manner that can attest an Italian origin The name of the person who completed the final processing as well as the address of the facility or the manufacturing plant that performed the process must be listed. A duplicate of the invoice for export is required, along with the request for certification, and the destination of the goods , or of the buyer in the case of shipments performed for the benefit of third parties, or if you plan to make an interlude.
Required Documents For Obtain a Certificate of Origin
- A duplicate of the invoice for export
- The certificate request
Office Locations and Contacts
- Rome Chamber of Commerce
- Regional Union of Chambers for Commerce in Abruzzo (Abruzzo Unioncamere)
- Please select the offices within your region in Your Chamber of Commerce by clicking on the link Italian Chambers of Commerce
To be eligible for preferential treatment Products must meet the following requirements:
- are included in a description of products that are eligible for preference within the country of destination. The description that is entered on the form has to be detailed enough to permit the items to be recognized by the customs officer who examines the items;
- conform to the requirements of origin in the destination country. Every item in a consignment should be qualified independently and
meet the consignment terms that are set by the destination country. The general rule is that goods are required to be delivered directly from the exporting country to the destination country, however, most preferential countries allow transit through intermediaries countries subject to certain restrictions. (For Australia, direct consignment is not required.)
Valid for a period of 10 months only starting from the date of the issue in the country of export. They must be submitted during this time to the customs authorities in the country of import.
Documents to Utilize
Examples of Documents
- Origin country is in which the products are made, grown or produced. The products manufactured must have undergone a significant transformation in the country of export as well as in the country of origin, in their present state, which is ready to be exported. Certain processes like packaging, sorting, and splitting could not be considered sufficient for the purpose of conferring origin.
- The origin certificate includes the form A, Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Origin, Exporter’s Certificate of Origin, and Free Trade Market Certificate of Origin. A trade contract, the import practice, and the letter of credit (L/C) conditions determine the kind of C/O required.
- Goods shipped by (Exporter’s business name address, country, and name)
- Goods delivered to (Consignee’s name address, country, name)
- Transport means and routes (as as far as they are they are)
- The location of the issue
- Item Number
- Number of packages and marks
- Type and number of boxes and description of the items
- Criteria for Origin
- Gross weight or any other amount
- Date and number of invoices
- The exporter must sign a declaration from the exporter.
- Importing country
- Date and place the signature of an the authorized signatory
- Date, place and time with seal and signatures of the authority that certifies
The document is needed
A certificate of origin which certifies the country from which the product was made and, in some instances, could include information about the local materials and labor content in the production. The certificate of origin consists of the form A, Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Origin, Exporter’s Certificate of Origin, and Free Trade Market Certificate of Origin. Trade agreements, the import practice, and the letter of credit (L/C) stipulate the kind of C/O required. Some countries that import goods require a proof of origin to confirm whether or the preferential duty rate applies. A well-known example of a document is called the certificate of origin. It’s the form A and is also known as GSP Form A. GSP A. A. Certificate of Origin (C/O) can be used in lieu of the declaration, or the legalization or certification of the invoice for commercial transactions. This C/O has its basis in regulations that apply to the nation of origin.
Information that could be helpful
The importer or the country that is importing may require a special certification of Origin (C/O) form that is issued by the Chamber of Commerce in the exporting country.
Other uses for the document/certificate
In simple terms, a Certificate of Origin (CO) is a document used to prove that the exports are entirely sourced made, produced or made in a specific country. It’s usually an integral component in export documentation.
A EU-wide “Generalised scheme of preferential treatment” (GSP) permits exporters from developing countries to pay lower or no taxes on their exports to EU. This allows them accessibility to EU markets and boosts their economic development.