Obtain a Certificate of Special Record for Minors In Macau By Yourself
- To get a Certificate for a Certificate of Special Record for Minors, go to the Macau SAR Identification Office. If you are a minor and want to apply for the certificate, at least of 16 years, their parents must be the ones to make the request for the certificate.
- Send in a complete application with the necessary documents.
- The application fees must be paid.
- A certificate is available within five working days. Express Service, 2 working days.
Applications are accepted via Post
- For applicants not located in Macao you can submit your application via post.
- Go to on the Postal Application Service system of DSI to get an applicant number.
- Print the application slip.
- Please send the “Part 2” in the request slip as well as the necessary documents to DSI by mail. (Mailing address: Macau Postal Box No. 1089/ Avenida da Praia No. 804, Edificio China Plaza, 20 andar, Macau).
- Once the documents are received, DSI will update the status of the application within the “Postal Application Service” system. Candidates should verify their application status within the system at any the date.
- If the status of the application is changed in the form of “Please make payment for your application”,pay the amount required to complete your application. You can pay the fee by using the following methods:
- Pay online with credit card through the “Postal Application Service” system.
- The payment must be made by an authorized person: The applicant may authorise a person from Macao in Macao to make the necessary payment to DSI on his or her behalf by clearly stating this in the letter of application.
- If you’ve paid a bill for government officials of the Macao Special Administrative Region Government wrongly due to system failure or any other reason that the individual concerned must make contact with authorities at the Identification Services Bureau (DSI) immediately. DSI will refund the appropriate amount to the individual concerned.
- If the applicant would like to withdraw the application and request a reimbursement of application fees, after making the payment online, they must submit a written request to DSI to receive the refund.
Required Documents For Obtain a Certificate of Special Record for Minors
If the applicant is younger than 16 years old (submitted by a authorized representative (parents or guardianship)[submitted by their legal representative (parents or guardians)]:
- Photograph of person applying for the Macao SAR Resident Identification Card (for non-BIR holders only photocopy of the applicant’s current travel document or document to enter Macao as well as a documentary proof of the link with the application and Macao such as a Residence Permit or proof of schooling or evidence of residence within Macao (e.g. an application for a Residence Permit from the Immigration Department of the Public Security Police Force or an invitation to submit for the Certificate of Criminal Record issued by the Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute and so on.)
- An entire set of applicants’ 10 fingerprints (for the first time applicant).
- Original identity certificate of the applicant’s legal representative.
If applicant is more than 16 years old:
- Application made in person:
- Original Macao SAR Resident Identity Card (BIR) For non-BIR holders, show the photocopy of the applicant’s valid travel document or document to enter Macao as well as a documentary proof of the connection between the person applying and Macao.
- Requests for applications are made by the applicants’ parents or spouse
- Photocopy of the applicant’s Macao SAR Resident Identity Card (BIR); for those who do not hold BIRs Photocopy of applicant’s current travel document or a valid form of identification to allow entry into Macao as well as documentary evidence of the relationship between the person applying and Macao.
- The complete set of applicants’ 10 fingerprints (for first-time applicants).
- Original identity document for applicant’s immediate parent;
- The document must be a proof of parentage (if the pertinent information is not stored at Identification Services Bureau);
- Documentation that explains the reason why an applicant is unable to present a personal application, for example, a medical records.
Application created by authorized person
- Declaration (Samples are available at DSI or via the DSI website ) Forms Download – Declaration (Authorization of Certificate of Criminal Record Application). Amendments, defacements, or deletions made to the declaration should be confirmed by the person who signed the declaration with their signatures affixed and the signature must be the same as that on the identification document.
- Photocopy of the applicant’s Macao SAR Resident Identity Card (BIR); for those who do not hold BIRs Photocopy of the applicant’s valid travel document or valid documentation to enter Macao and a documentary evidence of the connection between the person applying and Macao.
- An entire set of applicants’ 10 fingerprints (for the first time applicant).
- Original identity certificate of the person who is authorized to do so.
Application via Post
- An appropriately completed application form (or an official application) which the applicant should clearly state their name, parents’ names as well as the date and location of birth, use on the birth certificate contact details and the kind the application (normal or urgent). On the application letter applicants must mark and sign their right index fingerprint in front of their signature. If this is the first time they apply, 10 fingerprint impressions should be sent at DSI (the form for fingerprint impressions can be downloaded from the DSI website);
- Evidence of residency of Macao or evidence of a request to reside in Macao like documents proving identity issued by Macao and/or proofs of a school’s accreditation in Macao or a notice letter regarding Residence Authorization applications issued from the Immigration Department of the Public Security Police Force and an official document that is issued through Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute to request Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute for require applicants to submit a Certificate of Criminal Record and the like;
- Photocopy of an official travel document for the applicant;
- If the applicant doesn’t possess an Macao SAR Resident ID Card, and has to put his/her parents’ names on the document, they must submit a photocopy of any supporting documents that are relevant for example, birth certificates. The document does not have to be submitted when the applicant has already presented it to DSI prior to.
- If applicant is below 16 years old, the application must be submitted and signed by the legal representative. A photocopy of the valid travel document is also required.
Office Locations and Contacts
Macau SAR Identification Department
Address:Avenida da Praia Grande,
no804, Edificio “China Plaza”,
1o andar Macau
Monday through Friday, 09:00 until 18:00
(Closed on Sunday, Saturday and public holidays.)
Hotline for Appointments and Enquiries: (853) 2837 03777or (853) 2837 0888
Fax: (853) 2837 4300
- Residents to Macao SAR Macao SAR or has formerly resided in the Macao SAR;
- up to 12 and not over 21 years old;
- If the applicant is younger than 16 years old , the application must be signed by the person who is the legal representative for the applicant.
- If the applicant is older than 16 years old , applications can be made in person, or with his/her spouse, parents or a person who is authorized to do so.
- Standard Service MOP50.00
- Express Service MOP150.00
- The applicants who do not have the financial capacity due to the following reasons may apply for an exemption from application fees:
1.) Candidates must complete and sign a declaration to state their unemployment status and agree that they’ll be guilty of crimes for making a false statements.
2.) Complete an Employment Registration issued by the Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL).
1.) The applicant must write and sign a document to request a fee exemption
2.) Send the original along with an original photocopy of the Valid Beneficiary Card from IAS, the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
1.) Candidates must make a declaration and write it down to state their financial incapacity;
2.) Provide the original as well as photocopies of the legitimate Disability Assessment Registration Card issued by the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
- Note: Additional documents could be required to support the an applicant’s verification of financial incapability by DSI in the event of a need.
Application made by Post
Application fee plus postage (This Bureau will notify applicants of their total amount through the “Postal Application Service” system of DSI)
- Application normal: MOP50.00.
- Urgent application: additional cost of MOP150.00.
- Postage: The cost of postage may differ based on the destination and the weight of the documents.
A Certificate of Special Record for minors has a validity of 90 days from the date it was issued.
- Standard Service: 5 business days
- Express Service Two business days
Note: The date of collection will be counted starting the next business day following the day that it has been received by the Bureau all the required documentation.
Information that can be useful
Record of the educational requirements for minors who is between 12 years old and is not yet 16. The record above will be canceled once the when the applicant is 21.