Obtain a Diamond Dealer License or Permit (Local Trading) In Uganda By Online
- The person applying for the license must submit an application for the diamond dealer’s licence to the Secretary Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines on the prescribed format and must be accompanied by a prescribed fee.you are able to access the hyperlink Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines
- Contact the directorate of Geological Survey and Mines to obtain an authorization to deal with Diamond on this site. Link to contact details Link
- Visit the authority that issues licenses at the Ministry of energy and mineral development to conduct the initial discussion for obtaining the Diamond Dealer permit If the proposed Diamond dealership is approved then the applicant is able to make arrangements for financing and the other requirements that must be met to apply.
- The applicant should get the application form from the secretary’s office or write it according to the instructions.
- An application must be accompanied by proof to prove that the applicant has or has the authority to command, enough working capital that he is able to carry out the type of business allowed by the license to diamond dealers.
- Fill out this application. Attach all documents required according to our required documents section. Send this set to the authority receiving it together with any the appropriate charges.
- Applications submitted will be inspected through the authority. If all is in order the application will be approved.
- The applicant will receive a the receipt to submit their application. Keep it safe to be able to refer back later. Authorities will contact you regarding the subsequent steps.
- Directors of Geological Survey as well as Minings, prior to issuing a license, requires applicants to present security in the form of cash or bond in the form prescribed by required by the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines requires, to ensure the timely payment of any required fees or royalties that are due to the dealer during the course of their business according to the law.
- The application will be processed in the future by our department.
- The applicant will receive an email from the department on the progress of their application. Check the email for the confirmation.
- There will be inspection and verification process from the department authorities/respective police department / police station on a scheduled date.
- This application along with inspection/verification report will be submitted to the issuing authority concerned.Based on the advice and report the rest of the process will be completed.
- Post verification notices will be issued by the relevant state authority at your business or personal address with your name, as well as the details of your license.
- The notice displayed on the notice will be open to any objections from the residents of the area, and will be passed on to the relevant department.
- If an objection is brought up, the applicant will be given the opportunity to present their side. If there is no objection and the authority is able to look into the application and give applicants your Diamond Dealers Permit.
- The status of the application, the status. approval or rejection, if there is one will be communicated to the applicant by email, phone or official letter .If approved this certificate is issued in accordance with the applicable regulations.
Required Documents For Obtain a Diamond Dealer License or Permit
- In writing, the applicant should submit their request to the Commissioner
- Address of physical address for the premises for trading (offices)
- The registration document copies are required in the the case of a corporate body
- Financial statements
- Previous experience in the trade or a sign of technical capability
- Valid identification e.g. Passport, Voter’s card Driving Permit, Passport
- Bank Statement
- Formulation XIV executed
- Certified copy of certificate of incorporation/registration
- Copy of article certified by the author as well as memorandums of association
- Statement from the Bank
- Form XIV Executed
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Energy and Mineral DevelopmentDirectorate of Geological Survey and Mines
Plot 21-29, Johnstone Road
P.O.Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda.
Telephone: +256 414 323432,
Telephone: +256 414 320118
Fax: + +256 414 320364
Site: Directorate of Energy and Mineral Development
- Contact Address: Website Contact Information
- For individuals, the applicant must be over 21 years of age or as per the regulations.
- It is required that the applicant be from Uganda as well as a Person with Ugandan Origin.
- When the person applying is business, society or company, they could also apply to get this license.
- The license holder is not allowed to make use of a Diamond Dealer permit except for the reason mentioned.
- Diamond can be bought through a licensed dealer.
- Application Fee There is no fee
- License Fee:
- Precious Metals 5,000,000/=
- Precious Stones 6,000,000/=
- Base Metals 3,000,000/=
- Metals for Industrial Use 2,000,000/
- The validity is for one year.
- The processing time is 5 working days.
Contact Center: Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines
- Meets the expectations
- The payment of fees
- The completed diamond dealer license and the duplicate is used for stamp duty at the expense of/by the person who is applying for the license.
The Information You Need
- The full name along with the postal address provided by the person applying
- Address and name of principal/firm
- Quantity per mass of diamond(s) in carats of metric.
- Type(s) and the number of packages
- Number of pieces, specifications/description
- Name(s) and location of mine(s) Name as well as address for supplier(s)
- Name and complete postal address of the consignee
- Agent and the location of the export
- F.O.B. value in Uganda shillings as well as U.S. dollars
The Document is required
- The Diamond Dealer permits are required by the applicant/holder for the purpose of selling diamonds otherwise, any selling of diamonds without this document is unlawful and is not permitted until you have the diamond dealer’s permit.
Information that can be useful
The person who holds the diamond dealer’s license must not:
- Diamonds may be used for trading, but only according to the terms that are set out in the license
- Engage in mineral transactions involving diamonds, either as a principal or agent, but not when you are either the holder the mineral right legally authorized to mine diamonds or the holder of the diamond dealer’s license.
- store diamonds , except in the location or on the premises as specified in the license
- Diamonds are dealt with as agents or principals, unless at the location or on the location specified within the permit.
- The owner of the diamond dealer’s license must meet any other requirement stipulated within the permit.
- The owner of an official diamond dealer’s license has to keep a record of transactions with diamonds in the required form.
- The owner of an official diamond dealer’s license has to keep in the register the following information regarding of diamond transactions.
- the weight and nature of the diamonds.
- the cost of diamonds’ value;
- the date the transaction was made;
- when it comes to the purchase of diamonds information about the authority of the seller to sell the mineral as well as,
- the address and name of the purchaser, vendor or consignee.
- The owner of an diamond dealer’s license must provide to the Secretary of Cabinet during the month of January April, July, and October every year, a genuine replica of the registration that is duplicated for each of the previous three months, as well as an official declaration of the authenticity of the register. The holder should present it to an police officer at or higher than that of the grade Inspector when requested to do so in writing.
- A diamond dealer’s license is required to expire on the 31st day of December in the year during which it was granted.
- A diamond dealer is able to submit a renewal application for an license for diamond dealers before the Secretary of Cabinet on the prescribed form , and after the payment of the prescribed fee.