Obtain a Driver License In United Arab Emirates By Online
You are an United Arab Emirates citizen or resident. You have the Emirates ID (or diplomatic) card consulate, diplomatic card and international organization to serve as an official identification document in lieu of an Emirates ID. You didn’t have an driving license prior to. You are more than the age of 18. You can get an United Arab Emirates driving license through the following steps:
- Make sure you have the documents required:-Your photograph (passport size)
Your passport (original plus a duplicate)
You can use your Emirates ID or Diplomatic card issued by an consulate, embassy or international organization for official documents in lieu in place of an Emirates ID. In this instance you need to attach the official letter by the Minister of Foreign Affairs valid for at minimum 6 months after the date of submission.
Copy of your valid United Arab Emirates residency visa
No Opinion Certificate (NOC) issued by the sponsor, excluding the profession’s details link and diplomat passport holders.
-Your current eye test certification (if appropriate)
- Get a learning permit
The required documents must be presented at the appropriate UAE RTA Driving Schools or Training Centers Links: Galadari Motor Driving Centre ; Emirates Driving Institute ; Dubai Driving Center ; Belhasa Driving Center and Al Ahli Driving Center. Follow the instructions of the officer instructions to open your driving file and then obtain your eye exam certificate (if appropriate). This will allow you to attend theory-based courses. After you have completed the course for two hours and you take a theory test to be eligible for an education permit. You must pay the appropriate fee and get the permit in the event that you pass.
After your learning permit has been issued, you will need to attend practice lessons. The length of the lessons will depend on the ability of the driver, but generally is 30 hours for beginner, 20 hours for intermediate learners, and 10-hours for more advanced learners.
When you are prepared to pass the test, conducted through the UAE RTA Driving School or Training Center the instructor will award you a “certificate to be ready that you need to show in you at the UAE RTA Driving School or Training Center to schedule the practical test or the raod test.
- Take the road test and get your driving license
On the date you have been assigned on the day you are assigned, take Passport driving file, Passport two of your photographs to take the UAE driving test. Visit the RTA License Section as advised by your driving school. Apply for the license and pay the appropriate fees. If your name is called then you will be escorted by the other three applicants as well as you will be taken by the RTA inspector to their designated vehicle. You’ll be given an hour to show your driving skills and your anticipatory abilities. Should you not succeed, then you’ll need to repeat the test with your driving school for at least seven additional classes, and you will be given a fresh date for your road test. If you pass, get the confirmation form from the examiner and take it take it to go to the Pass Counter. Send it along with a valid identification and the fee applicable. Make sure you have your test document and send it at the Control Counter. Following processing, make the appropriate cost and then proceed to the photo booth. If your name is called take your picture. Within a couple of minutes, you’ll receive your driver’s license.
Required Documents For Obtain a Driver License
- Your photo (passport size)
- Your passport (original plus a replica)
- The Emirates ID or Diplomatic card for an embassy consulate, consulate or international organization for official documents, instead that of your Emirates ID. In this instance you need to attach the official letter by the Minister of Foreign Affairs valid for at minimum 6 months after the date of the submission.
- A copy of your current United Arab Emirates residency visa
- The No Opinion Certificate (NOC) by the person who sponsored it, excluding professionals Information Link and diplomat passport holders.
- Valid eye test certification (if required)
Office Locations and Contacts
Roads & Transport Authority (RTA)
800 90 90
Callers from overseas 24/7 Contact: +971 4605 1414
Tel: +971 4 284 4444
Fax +971 4206 5555
Roads & Transport Authority
P. O. Box: 118899
Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Dubai Driving Center
Al – Barsha
Address: Alquoz industrial area 3, Near Al-Naboodha Automobiles, Alquoz, Dubai
Phone: 04 3236000
Fax: 04 3236060
Al Ahli Driving School
Al Quoz, Industrial 4 Street No. 19A Road No. 318 AI Quoz – Dubai
Call Center: 800-252454
Customer service: 04-3411440
Belhasa Driving School
Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
Tel: +971 (4) 8817171
Emirates Driving Institute
Emirates Diriving Institute (EDI), P.O Box: 20948 AI Qusais
Call Center Call Center
Galadari Driving School
P.O. Box 80771,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 4 2676166
Fax: +971 4 2676266
Dubai Investment Park2
Tel: +971 4 885 5118
Fax: +971 4 885 8801
PO Box 235050
More information is available in the hyperlinks Galadari Motor Driving Centre ; Emirates Driving Institute ; Dubai Driving Center ; Belhasa Driving Center and Al Ahli Driving Center
- United Arab Emirates citizen or resident.
- You are a holder of the Emirates identification card or diplomatic passport consulate, international organisation or consulate as an official document in lieu of the Emirates ID.
- You had not held an driver’s license prior to.
- You are more than 18 years old
Fees are only for reference They are different for every branch.
- AED 120 to conduct an eye tests (if appropriate)
- AED 830 for educational courses
- AED 50 for the theory test
- AED 200 for road test
- 100 AED in AED 100 in Counter
- $200 in Control Counter
- 2 years if you’re around 21 years old
- 1 year if you’re between 18 and 21 years old
Information that could be helpful
The citizens who have nationality and driving license from the listed 41 countries can transfer their licenses by going to any RTA office, accompanied by the necessary documents and fees. The countries that are exempted include:
- GCC Countries: Kuwait, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar
- European Countries: Austria, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland, Netherland, Italy, Britain, Turkey, Greece, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Romania, Finland, Serbia, Latvia, Slovakia, Hungary.
- North American Countries: Canada (only Quebec province), USA
- East Asian Countries: South Korea, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, Singapore, China\
- African Nations: South Africa
Government of Dubai