How To Obtain a Drivers License In Gambia
1. ) If you are who are applying for a driver’s license for the first time , you must fill out the application in order to get a temporary (learner’s) driver’s license.
2. ) Send in your request for a provisional license together with the other documents. The fee for the provisional license is of D100. The license of the learner has a validity time of three months.
3. )Practice your driving skills in a controlled environment and pass the test. Successful applicants will be awarded with a certificate of competency that will indicate the vehicle groupings for example:
- Grup A: Motor private vehicle
- Group B The motorcycle
- Group C Commercial vehicle
- Group D Special kind
4. )Obtain an driver’s license for D500.00
Documents that are required Drivers License
To be Gambian Citizens (must be able to present any of these documents) :
- National ID Card
- Provisional License as well as Certificate of Competence
For NonGambian Citizens: For Non Gambian Citizens of other countries (must provide any of these documents) :
- Residential Permit A/B and Foreign Driving License
- Provisional License and Certificate of Competence
Office Locations and Contacts
The Information You Need
- The National Identification Number (NIN)
- Blood group (if it is known)
- Group of vehicles being sought to
- Documents create
- Type of license
- Medical fitness
The Document is required Drivers License
A driver’s license is a legally valid certificate issued by the government. It demonstrates a person’s ability to drive a motorized automobile that includes a motorbike or car, truck or a bus on public roads. The laws governing the issue of licenses differ across jurisdictions.
Here are the steps on how to get the driver’s licence in Gambia.
Information that can be useful
International driver’s license is available to those who hold driving licenses in these categories:
- Group A: Motorcycles that have and without sidecar ineligible carriages, and three-wheeled vehicles that have an unladen weight that is not greater than 400 kgs or 900 pounds.
- Group B: Motor vehicles that are used to transport passengers, and having as well as the driver’s chair, at the most 8 seats or being designed for transporting items and carrying a maximum weight that is not greater than 3,500 kilograms or 7,700 pounds. These vehicles can be equipped with a trailer that is light.
- Group C: Motor vehicles that are used to transport items with a allowed maximum weight is more than 3,500 kilograms or 7,700lbs. These vehicles can be equipped with a trailer that is light.
- Group D: Motor vehicles that are used to transport passengers and comprising as well as the driver’s seat , more than eight seats. These vehicles can be equipped with a trailer light.
The Group E includes motor vehicles belonging to the categories B, C, or D as specified above, but not with the light trailer.
- GAMBIS Website: