How To Obtain a Drivers License In Georgia
To obtain an official license, applicants must pass the knowledge and the practical road test conducted to them by their agency.
The applicant must pass the test administered by the agency to get an official driver’s license. This permit will allow the applicant to obtain an driver’s license to drive an automobile (under supervision) when he/she is learning to drive. The test is broken down into four sections. The test is illustrated as well as non-illustrated questions. Each question is comprised of 2 to six possible answers.
- Collect all documents you’ll have to present or submit for the purpose of taking the test.
- Apply for a job.
- Complete the form and attach the other documents required.
- Make sure you pay all fees necessary.
Test takers can be tested on the following language: Georgian, Abkhazian, Ossetian, English, Turkish, Azerbaijani, Armenian and Russian languages.
If they pass the theory test exam, candidates are able to pass the road test. The road test can be completed in seven days during the span of 30 days. There is no restriction on taking the test on the road. In addition to mechanical gearbox vehicles, it is also possible to pass the test with automatic gear box vehicles.
If it’s impossible for an exam taker to pass the test after 30 days the test taker must retake the exam in the form of a theoretical one.
Practical test evaluation rules that any test taker is awarded 100 points prior to taking the test. This is decreased in proportion to the errors committed by the candidate during the course of performing certain tasks. The test is judged to be successful when the examinee has not more than 39 errors.
Documents that are required Drivers License
Documents that applicants must provide in order to pass the test on theory in:
- Form for Application (to be filled out in the Service Agency);
- Medical certificate (form IV 100/a);
- ID Card;
- Receipts to confirm the payment fees (driving permit fee for admission to the test 40 GEL Driving fee for a license fifteen GEL);
- Attendance to school in auto school for relevant categories and vehicles (self-studying is allowed in category B and A vehicles).
For applicants who are not yet of 17:
- Formulary for application (to be filled out by the Service Agency);
- Certificate of health (form IV 100/a);
- ID Card;
- Birth certificate Original document (or notary-certified copy);
- Parent (or parents with notary signed consent);
- Auto or public school certificate;
- Receipts that confirm the payment (fee for the first time entrance of 15 GEL).
For students (aged 18 and over):):
- Formulary for application (to be filled out in the Service Agency);
- Medical certificate (form IV 100/a);
- Identification Card (ID card that has student status);
- Receipts to confirm the amount paid (fee for the first admission is 15 GEL);
Office Locations and Contacts
Office of the Minister for Internal AffairsAddress: Kakheti Highway 38 km.
Reception: (+995 32) 274 62 50
Service Agency (Ministry of Internal Affairs)
Address : Tbilisi Rustavi Tsiteli Khhidis Highway 21 kilometers
Hotline : +99532 241 91 991
Ministry of Internal Affairs Web site of the Ministry of Internal Affairs
What Are All The Eligibility
Minimum age requirements:
- Candidates can take the category A tests starting at age 24, (from 21, if the person has obtained a subcategory A1 driving permits for at least two years prior to applying for the driver’s license in the category)
- Category B starting at 17 to
- Category C starting at to the age of 21
- Category D starts at the age of 24 years old.
- Category BE starts at to the age of 18.
- Category CE starting at to the age 21
- Class DE starting at the age of 24 years old.
- Category T starts at to the age of 17.
- Category S starts at until the age 18
- Category Trams from 21 years old.
- Subcategory A1 until 17 years old.
- Subcategory B1 beginning at to the age of 16.
- Subcategory C1 after until the age of 18.
- Subcategory D1 after until the age of 21
- Subcategory C1E until up to 18 years of age
- Subcategory D1E starting at up to age 21
- Driving permit fee for admission to test 40 GEL
- Driving license cost 15 GEL
- Licenses under the A B, BE T S A1 and B1 categories and subcategories last for 15 years and licenses issued under categories C, CE, D, DE, C1, C1E, D1, as well as tram category are good for five years. The period of validity for international driving permits is 3 years.
- The validity of the license is extended after the time period. is over, the renewal of driving licenses are not required to pass a test, however the holder of the license must show the Health certification (form IV-100/a).
The Document is required Drivers License
- A driving permit is an official document that states that an individual is able to operate any motorized vehicle like a motorcycle or truck, car or a bus on public roads. The document is also used as proof of identity and evidence of the age of the driver.
- Here are the steps on how to get an driver’s license in Georgia.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs: