Obtain a Hotel License In Jamaica By Yourself
- The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB), through the Tourism Product Development Company Limited, (TPDCo), receives applications for a hotel license. You can view the JTB contact details and TPDCo office locations in the “Office Locations and Contacts” section below.
- To obtain a Hotel License Application Form, visit the TPDCo office nearest you. You can also download it online at Link (HOTEL-APPLICATION FORM).
- Complete the application form accurately. Then, obtain all required documents and follow the instructions to prepare them.
- After your completed application form, along with any supporting information, has been signed, stamped, and certified, you can visit TPDCo to submit your complete application. All requests should be directed to the TPDCo Manager, Product Quality Unit.
- TPDCo will examine your application and determine if it conforms to the requirements. If all required documents are correct, it will then appoint an inspector who will inspect the hotel and notify you of the date.
- On the appointed date, the TPDCo inspector will visit hotel site and assess both regulatory and standard elements of the development. The TPDCo will then forward the findings to them.
- If the inspection assessment is successful the TPDCo will process the application and make a recommendation to the JTB broad at their monthly meeting. The JTB could decide to inspect the site again in order to verify the inspection report.
- After the JTB approves the license, you will receive notification of the grant approval. Then a licence document will be prepared and issued.
- To collect your license, visit the TPDCo. The Board may grant a licence subject to certain conditions. It can be used for any period that is specified in the license.
Required Documents For Hotel License
- Copy of Certificate Of Incorporation
- Copie of the Registration of Business Name (where relevant i.e. If the Business Name differs from the name of your Company
- Letter of Good Standing – Companies Office of Jamaica
- Copy of Taxpayer Registration number (TRN).
- List of Directors
- Copy of title/lease agreement
- Copy of Public Liability Insurance
- Approval by the local planning authority (e.g. KSAMC, St. James Municipal Corporation)
- Copy of Public Health Certificate
- Copy of valid food handler’s permit
- Copy of Fire Certificate
- Copy of Public Health Swimming Pool Permit
- Proper security arrangements (Copy Security Agreement/ Certified Personnel).
- For security personnel/ companies that contract, copy of PSRA Certification
- Security Approval from the Jamaica Constabulary Force, Resort Area Division
- Where applicable, copy of the Beach Licence from NEPA
- Copies of First Aid certificates, CPR and Lifeguard licenses for Lifeguards are available.
- Copy of work permit (where applicable).
Find Office Locations and Contacts
JAMAICA TOURIST BARD (JTB),Office-Kinge
The Tourism Centre
64 Knutsford Boulevard
Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 929-9200
Fax: (876) 929-9375
Montego Bay Convention Centre
Rose Hall, St. James
Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 952-4425 ,
Fax: (876) 952-3587
Tourism Product Development Company Limited
Head Office, Kingston:
The Tourism Centre, 4th floor
64-70 Knutsford Boulevard
Tel: 1 (876) 968-3441; 968-1909; 968-3626
Fax: 1 (876) 929-8269; 754-9135; 920-4854
Contact details: Link
Jamaica Room – Block G,
Bay Convention Centre
Montego Bay,St. James
Tel: 1 (876) 979-7987/9
Fax: 1 (876) 971-8812
Ocean Village Shopping Centre
Ocho Rios, St. Ann
Tel: 1 (876) 974-7705
Fax: 1 (876) 974-2586
Norman Manley Boulevard
Tel: 1 (876) 957-3962
Fax: 1 (876) 957-3052
The Ashlar Suite #5
71 Manchester Road
Tel: 1 (876) 962-6316; 961-6182
Fax: 1 (876) 961-6182
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- A hotel license is available to residents, citizens and businesses who wish to open a Jamaican hotel business.
- No cost
- The license is valid for the specified period, which can be three, four or six months.
- Application starting( word doc]: Link
- One month
- The application form must be completed and submitted to the TPDCo. In order to ensure your submissions are processed expeditiously, please verify that all the information is completed fully, and the required supporting documents/information are submitted along with your applications
- The process of your Licence takes around one month. This is because the Board of Directors of the Jamaica Tourist Board meets once per month to review and approve Licences. To be considered, your submission must be received in advance of the meeting, usually by Friday the first of each month.
- Contact details
- Hotel details
- Dates and signatures
You will need the document
- To operate a Jamaican hotel, you must have a valid license
- TAJ: Link