Obtain a permit to import Agricultural chemicals In Uganda By Online
- Importers of agricultural chemicals must give information on the chemical compounds and substances and ensure that they have packed the product in a safe manner prior to importation into Uganda.
- These guidelines are designed to be used by person(s) or companies as well as other stakeholders involved in any importation of agricultural chemicals into Uganda.
- Send in the Application Letter.
- A written request should be submitted an application to the Registerer of the Agricultural Chemicals Board in Uganda This letter should be addressed to the letterhead of the business that includes a phone number, Chemical Registration Number and an e-mail address to import industrial lab, consumable agricultural, and restricted chemicals that are controlled under international conventions.
- Foreign exporters who want to import agricultural chemicals should make the following documents and submit them at the Registrar of Agricultural Chemicals Board in Uganda,
- Attach the following documents prior to the submission.
- A copy of the certificate of incorporation (original for spotting)
- A verified copy of the memorandums and articles.
- One certified true copy of director’s particulars and Form (original to be used for sighting)
- Copy of Tax Clearance for Current Year (original for spotting)
- Permits from the Ministry of Agriculture Industry and fisheries
- The letter is an Authority from the Agriculture chemical Board
- Proforma invoice to permit import agricultural chemicals.
- Documentation of PPB certification of the Chemical marketers.
- Certification in Manufacturing issued by the relevant regulatory Authority.
- Agriculture Chemical Board in Uganda will conduct a completeness and error examination within 15 days of the date of receipt of all documentation and the application fee. An identification number is assigned to each application, and preliminary feedback will be sent to the applicant via the email address listed when filling out the application. This is why it is crucial to supply an email account as well as the contact number for your current phone when filling out the application.
- Import Permit to Clear :
- It provides information that outlines the chemicals that are banned or restricted. Also, it provides information on where you can find more details about the restrictions or, in the event of restricted chemicals including the mailing address or email address you can make an application for permission to import. If the documents conform to the PPB specifications, a permits for the import of samples from the product is granted to the person applying. The applicant must bring in specific samples to be used for vetting as well as Lab analysis.
Required Documents For Obtain a permit to import Agricultural chemicals
- Chemical being imported.
- Country of the country of.
- Importer details.
- The quantity of the chemical.
- The route/point at which entry.
- Supplier details.
- Technical dossier.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)Directorate of Animal Resources/Commissioner for Animal Health
Department of Animal Health.
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Contact Email: email@example.com
Site: Ministry of Agriculture
Web site: Directorate of fisheries resources
Any company or individual interested in importing chemical products and related products into Uganda.
- Fees for licences Licence fees of 200,000 Ugshs.
- Renewal Fee Renewal Fee: 200,000 Ugshs.
Validity: 3 months.
Maximum Processing Time: 3 days.
- It is unlawful to package or label or promote the use of any chemical used in agriculture in any manner that is misleading, false or deceitful or is likely to give an inaccurate impression about its nature quality, value and composition, or safety.
- Names of Applicant, Physical and Postal Address of the Applicant
- The Legal Situation of the applicant
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Agreement,
- Information about whether the applicant was ever convicted of a crime in Uganda or the country of any.
- If you’ve obtained a Licence. Please provide the nature of the licence as well as the date it was issued and the Licence number.
Information that could be helpful
- Uganda has extremely strict processes for plant introduction and certification that are in place to ensure that harmful foreign insects, diseases and noxious weeds do not get introduced into Uganda. This process is intended to provide guidelines for person(s)companies and other participants in the exporting restricted Chemicals to Uganda. These importation include industrial goods,consumable,laboratory,Agriculture and restricted chemical controlled under international convention.
The Ugandan Government regulates the importation of specific goods into Uganda. These controls includean absolute ban that you aren’t permitted to import the items in any way or a restriction in which you must have written permission to import the item.
- If you’re looking to export certain pesticides and dangerous chemicals to countries other than Uganda you might need to follow the notification process and, in certain cases, get the prior informed permission (PIC) by the importer country prior to allowing the export to be made. This process is managed by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) who ensures that certain essential chemical substances, but incredibly hazardous to the environment, could be classified by government regulations. Government Code Regulations to be restricted chemical products (RCPs). They are strictly regulated and monitored by government.
- Restricted Chemical Products are only able to be distributed to individuals who have been authorized to utilize the item according to the laws of the state of Uganda.
- Chemicals are shipped at least six months prior to the expiry date.
- Chemical exports that have been restricted in use in The East Africa have complied with the mandatory notification process.
- No chemicals are exported that are not banned in this East Africa community. Exports to other countries than East Africa are packaged and identified in line in accordance with United Nations Open General Licence Globally Harmonized System. The appropriate Ugandan State or Territory authority decides the criteria for determining who is an approved person based on the advice from the Director of National Drug Authority (NDA) after a risk assessment of the chemical product . These are individuals who have particular training or certifications for the proper handling, storage and usage of Restricted Chemical Products in Uganda.
- This is a set of guidelines for person(s)companies and other participants in any kind of the importation of restricted Chemicals to Uganda. These importation include industrial goods,consumable,laboratory,Agriculture and restricted chemical controlled under international convention.
- A person who is seeking permission to remove Chemical controlled and restricted under the international convention of Uganda must follow the guidelines and procedures as described in this process.