Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet) In Bhutan By Online
Live animals can be imported such as pet cat or dog :
- Get your pet examined by a vet: You’ll need to be examined by a veterinarian who is certified. Certain of the documents you’ll need to obtain the import license will have been provided by your veterinarian. Your vet is also capable of providing you with information about how to get your pet with you abroad.
- Export Permits: A prior permit must be sought through the Bhutan Agriculture and Food Regulatory Authority (BAFRA) of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests to import any animal.Conditions for the import of live animals such as cats and dogs vary based upon the type of animals in question. But, all animals that enter Bhutan need an entry permit that is which is issued by BAFRA. In order to obtain an import permit the application for import of your animal must be completed and handed in to the closest BAFRA office. The application should include information about the animals to be imported along with the entry point from which the animals will be taken. The animals will be kept in quarantine on the way to the border for a minimum of 15 days, excluding pets (dogs or cats) and day old chicks who are quarantined at their point of departure.
- If you’re not in Bhutan It is possible to utilize the contact information provided under “Office Locations and Contacts” to connect with the closest Embassy for Bhutan within the nation in which in which you are currently in. The office might assist you to complete your request for pet passports or an the import license for your animal.
- Before you decide for transporting your pet: Be sure you have all the necessary documents and that you have been contact with the authorities that is responsible for the import and export of live animals within the country from which your pet is coming from, and also in Bhutan. If you’re thinking of traveling along with your dog, you can be able to contact the airline’s company. They might be able to give more information on pet passports and ways you can transport your pet to another country.
Required Documents Fro Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
Import Permit (BAFRA):
- The application must be completed to get the permit
- Health certificate
Office Locations and Contacts
Bhutan Agriculture and Food Regulatory Authority,
Ministry of Agriculture and Forests
Post Box 1071 Thimphu, Bhutan,
Import permit (BAFRA):
- In the event that the imported product is intended for commercial reasons the permit fee is Nu. 100per permit is charged.
- In the event that the item is intended for personal consumption, a charge of Nu. 10/- will be set per permit.
Bhutan Agriculture and Food Regulatory Authority (BAFRA)
All animals and their products, including food items made from animals are banned from entering Bhutan through its laws. The government is able to assure that the biosecurity risk to Bhutans agriculture industries and its the unique environment is reduced.
The prior approval must be obtained by Bhutan Agriculture and Food Regulatory Authority (BAFRA) of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests to import any animal or products, which includes food products of animal source.
When arriving in the border crossing point the importer is required to report the animals or product to Regulatory and Quarantine Officials from BAFRA at the point of entry along with any relevant documentation that will determine if they are allowed to enter Bhutan.