Obtain a Recruitment permit of Migrant Workers In Uganda By Online
First step The initial step for a person who is applying for an authorization to run and operate a recruiting agency, is to make a written application with the following conditions:
- The certified copies of Articles of Incorporation or Partnership that has been recorded at the Registrar of Companies.
- Evidence of financial capability. Income tax returns that have been verified from the previous one (1) year, and the savings account must show the balance is at least Uganda One hundred thousand Shillings (USh 100,000,000). /=).
- A newly-organized firm, submitting a savings account with a balance not less than Uganda Shillings 10 Million (USh 10,000,000)
- Evidence of the applicant’s marketing capability.Job placement that is at least (50) open positions when the application is submission in the submission.
- Accreditation by Pre-Employment Services of the EEU on the existence of markets that are new.
- Evidence of connections to the world via email, websites etc.
- All participants of the Board of Directors, partners and the owner of the organization from CID, EEU and other government agencies , as the need might require.
The applicant in with the document above will include the verifiable commitment that the applicant will:
- Offer the Uganda migrants with orientation on the recruitment rules and procedure, as well as terms and conditions for employment, and other pertinent information;
- Check that anyone Ugandan migrants hired or assigned by them is competent and has the necessary documents to be able to perform the job.
- Check that the employment contracts are in line with an employment standard as well as any other applicable laws, regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
- It is essential that Ugandan migrants are aware about their rights and obligations in their contracts of employment and their agreements before or during the course of engagement
- Make sure that the proper arrangements are made to allow UGANDAN MIGRANT WORKERS to review their employment contracts as well as agreements before and after signing and also to receive an original copy of the contract of employment.
- Accept full and total liability for all claims and obligations that may arise out of using the licence.
- Assume sole responsibility with the employer for any claims or liabilities that might arise out of the execution in the terms of your employment agreement, which includes but not restricted to wages as well as death and disability indemnity and their repatriation
- The application can’t be processed without the complete support documents.
After receiving an application that meets all the specifications as stated above upon receipt of the application, the Administration is required to pay an non-refundable filing fee fifty thousands Uganda Shillings (50,000/=)for Internal recruitment agencies and hundred thousands Uganda shhillings (100,000/=)for External recruitment agencies, respectively. must be provided to prove the payment.
within the fifteen (15) calendar days after the date of receiving an application with complete requirements , including evidence of the payment of the filing fee the Administration will review the relevant documents, examine the premises of the applicant, and decide whether or not they will grant the request. Refusal of an application can result in the forfeiture of the filing fee.
If the application is approved after approval, the applicant must pay a Licence Fee in the amount of Uganda Five hundred and five thousand Shillings (USh500,000=) and an Bank Guarantee of Uganda Shillings fifty million (USh 50,000,000/=) must be provided.
After the completion of the verification procedures, the permit is granted to the applicant. the permit will be good to 2 (2) years from the date it is issued until it is cancelled, revoked or suspended due to a violations of Uganda laws.
Notification: All applicants for renewal or issuance of a licence are required to present documents by the International Security Organization and Anti-illegal Recruitment Branch, EEU, including clearances for their respective employees and officers.
Required Documents For Obtain a Recruitment permit of Migrant Workers
- Applicant must be registered in accordance with Uganda’s companies Act as well as the Partnership Act of Uganda.
- If a partnership is formed, 50% of the partners have to have Ugandans citizens.
- The partnership or company must have at least 100 million Uganda shillings of share capital.
- You must maintain a amount in the amount of Shs.10milion on the account of the bank (Bank report).
- The applicant cannot be a member of an agency for travel or sales agency of an airline firm.
- The applicant cannot be a religious, political, or tribal organisation.
- The applicant needs to provide proof of international connections to permit them to work in Uganda migrants.
- Officers and members of the board of the company need authorization letters from authorities from Uganda Criminal Investigations Department – A certificate of good conduct from Interpol.
- You must provide a an audited financial statement and tax returns on income for the previous two years.
- It is required to provide the resumes for directors, board members, and officers who are employed by the partnership or the company.
- The applicant must submit proof of publication of the notice in newspaper of the application, indicating details of partners, the corporator and officer.
- You must provide a bank guarantee of 50,000,000-100,000,000Ugsh.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Gender Labour and Social Development
Tel: +256 256414347854
Physical Address: Lot 2 Simbamanyo House, George St
The address for the postal envelope is: P.O.Box 7136 Kampala, Uganda
Mail Address: email@example.com Email this Agency
Web site: Ministry of labour and social development
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm (excluding public holidays and weekends)
- Ugandan citizens and partnerships, or businesses at least seventy-five percent (75 percent) in the approved and vote-based capital stock, out of 51% of which is controlled and owned by Ugandan citizens.
- Minimum capitalization is Uganda 100 million Shillings (USh100 000,000+/-) for a partnership or a company partnership agreement.
- People who are not prohibited by laws or other regulations of government to take part in the recruiting or placement of Ugandan migrants.
- Internal recruitment agency with 200,000 Ugsh.
- External recruitment agency 100,000 Ugsh.
- External agency for recruitment 500 000 Ugsh.
- Internal Recruitment Agency: (Category A – Agency hiring skilled workers 1,000,000 Ugsh).
- Category Agency is recruiting manual workers and unskilled 200 – 200 000 Ugsh.
Validity: 2 years for an external recruitment agency, and one year for an internal recruitment agencies.
- Maximum Processing Time:1 Month.
- The purpose of the permit is to control recruitment agencies.
Inability in the Agency to deploy a worker:
- If the agency does not assign a worker within 1002 (120) days from the date of the receipt of the Rewritten Order without valid reason, this inability is a reason for the suspension or cancellation of license , or fines to the agency and the agency must return all documents free of cost to the employee.
- The Labour Act stipulates that an individual cannot be engaged in the business of running a recruitment agency provided that he or she has possession of a legitimate hiring license issued by the commissioner for Labour.
The following organizations are not authorized to be involved in the business of recruiting and placing of Ugandan immigrants:
- Sales and travel agents of airlines;
- Members on the board of directors of any corporation as well as members of any partnerships involved in the activities of a travel agent;
- Partnership and company whenever one of its officers, directors, Board or partners of a partnership or company, involved in the operation of a travel agency.
- Partnerships, companies, or persons with derogatory record, including but not only the following:
- The ones who have been who have been certified as having an unfavorable record from The International Security Organization and External Employment Unit.
- People against whom likely cause, or an initial evidence of guilt due to illegal recruitment or another related cases are in.
- The people who have been convicted of illegal recruiting or related cases as well as crimes that involve moral or moral turpitude.
- Agents whose licenses were previously revoked or removed by the Administration in violations the External Employment Unit rules and regulations.
- Partners, officers, as well as directors from companies whose licenses were previously canceled or suspended for violating the laws governing recruitment.
- Private employment agencies are named after their names.
- Physical address and the premises in which the business is carried out.
- Employment nature
- Type of employment services
- The business sector within which it will operate
- Information on the bankers as well as the account.
- The Payroll System to be employed
- Amount of people who are employed in the office.
- The date of the beginning of business
- Certificate of registration
- Memorandum of Association and articles.
- Trading Licence
- Audited books of accounts.
- Letters of recommendation from at least three people who have been recommended to you.
Information that could be helpful
- A permit is not transferable, transferred, transferred or utilized by any individual or partnership other than the entity for which they were issued.
- If the sole proprietor dies, the sole proprietor and to avoid interruption of operations, and not hinder the legitimate heirs, the permission can be extended at the request by the heirs to be extended only for the purpose of closing down the business.
- Change of ownership or transfer of ownership authorized that permits Ugandan work for migrant workers will result in the automatic cancellation or cancellation of the license.