Obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) In United States By Online
- The form is completed IRS Form W-7 IRS Form W-7, Application to Apply for an Personal Taxpayer Identification Number, you can utilize the link in the “Documents to Use” for downloading the application.
- The applicants are required to provide documents proving the status of a foreign/alien as well as the real identity of the applicants.
- Submit your application:
- by mail: You may either send the documents along with the form W-7 at the address indicated in the Instructions for Form W-7.
- On-site: Present the completed form and other documents to IRS office walk-ins or complete your application through an Acceptance Agent authorised through the IRS. Acceptance Agents are organizations (colleges or accounting firms, financial institutions and others.) that are authorized by the IRS to aid applicants in obtaining ITINs. They examine the documentation submitted by applicants and then forward the W-7 form that has been completed to IRS to process.
Required Documents For Obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Filled IRS Formula W-7 IRS Demand for Taxpayer ID Number of Individual
- Documentation that proves the foreign/alien status as well as the true identity of every applicant.
- Federal income tax return
Office Locations and Contacts
Documents to Utilize
- IRS Formula W-7 IRS Form W-7, Application to Individual Taxpayer Identification (PDF)
- For Spanish speakers: Form W-7(SP), Solicitud de Nmero de Identificacin Personal del Contribuyente del Servicio de Impuestos Internos (PDF)
Documentation is needed
An ITIN is also known as an ITIN, or Individual Taxpayer ID Number is issued to certain non-residents and residents or their spouses and dependents who are not eligible for an Social Security Number (SSN). Individuals need to indicate their ITIN while performing tax-related transactions. It’s a 9-digit code that begins with “9” and formatted as it is an SSN (NNN-NN-NNNN).