How To Obtain Certificate of No Diriment(Marriage) Impediment / Single Status Certificate In Belgiumum

How To Obtain Certificate of No Diriment(Marriage) Impediment / Single Status Certificate In Belgiumum

It is highly recommended to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Couples who want to marry outside of the country require special documents. In the beginning, couples need submit a statement that is processed by the local office , where marriage certificates are issued. It must come from the state in which you reside in Belgium. This statement will be noted it is noted that there was no marriage occurred in the last few years.

Because these kinds of documents are needed for involvement in foreign countries, you requires a local or state-issued registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Make sure to submit the required documents.
  • Complete a form and make a declaration.
  • Pay the amount.

Documents Required Obtain Certificate

  • Passport or National Identity Card.
  • A proof of address.
  • If you divorced or divorced, Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed or divorced, death certificate of your previous husband (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • In the event that your address has changed through Deed Poll you must provide proof.
  • The applicable fee.

Notice: Belgian Embassies may request additional documents be provided, so please get in touch with your regional Belgian Embassy for more details.

Office Locations and Contacts

Civil Status
Legal cohabitation and marriages
Centre for administration
Boulevard Anspach 6
3rd floor
1000 Brussels
Tel: 02 279 34 40
Fax: 02 279 34 49
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am until noon. After that, from 1 pm until 3:00 pm (from Monday until Wednesday) between 1 pm until 6:30 at night (Thursday)
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am until 4 pm.
Belgian Consulates and Embassies abroad

Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation

For all questions: +322 501 81 11. Website

Lookup Belgian Consulates and E

How To Obtain Certificate of No Diriment(Marriage) Impediment / Single Status Certificate In Belgiumum
How To Obtain Certificate of No Diriment(Marriage) Impediment / Single Status Certificate In Belgiumum

mbassies abroad

What Are All The Eligibility

A Certificate of no Diriment Impediment (CNDI) is given to Belgian citizens who are planning to marry abroad.

If you’re planning to marry in a foreign country, you might require an official Certificate of Non-Impediment. This document comes in a variety of names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment to Marriage, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of a Planned Marriage, Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage Abroad and Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment and Certificate of Nulla Obsta, Certificate of Independence to marry or simply free to marry.


Consular fee for the issuance two certificates (Certificate of no diment impediment and the Marriage Affidavit) is equal to 20 euros.

Make contact with the Belgian Embassy in the country in which you’re currently in to obtain the local amount.

Processing Time

Belgian Embassy offices may not issue the documents demanded promptly and in certain circumstances, requests need to be submitted directly to Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Brussels. In these instances, the it could take some time.


The Certificate of no Diriment Impediment can be obtained from Belgian Embassy abroad. The certificate is presented along with the Affidavit to marry.

Certificate of no impediment for the marriage

You can get this information through the department responsible for foreign affairs, or the Embassy in the country in where you’re getting married.

Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Statement that you are able to get married.

They’re like a Certificate of No Impediment However, instead, you must swear that you are a single person before a legally authorized representative.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • Birthplace and Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • Signed by the one who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses


Documentation is needed

The marriage contract is legally binding that binds two individuals with certain rights as well as obligations. Certain foreign countries require an “Certificate that there is No Impediment in the Diriment” to be provided prior to proceeding to the actual wedding ceremony. The document states that, in accordance with Belgian law, there is no Belgian legal restriction on the wedding of a Belgian national.

The Single Status Certificate,, also known as Affidavit of No Marriage, Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of no Impediment is a legally swearing statement that states that you’re eligible to marry.

Overseas marriage authorities typically require additional proof that the person is eligible to get married. The evidence could include an affirmation of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual being married before or a single status certificate or “No Records Results”.

Information that could be helpful

With a sworn statement, the applicant affirms that they are the person the claim they are. This Single Status Affidavit declares that they can and are allowed to marry, and other things. Keep in mind that a key characteristic of this Single Status Affidavit is that is not a document issued by the government but rather the letter of the affiant that was signed before the notary public. One interesting aspect of this kind documents is the fact that it has numerous names that are used for it. For instance, take a take a look at the following table: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration” or “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

Other uses for the document/certificate

In certain countries, to legally marry, the local authorities need a certificate which states that there is no reason to prevent the marriage from taking place. be performed. This certificate comes from the Belgian consulate in the country in which the marriage will be celebrated. It is strongly recommended that you get in touch with the Belgian consulate prior to leaving.

External Links

  • The Embassy from Belgium to Thailand:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belgium

Portal Belgian Government


To allow non-nationals to marry in a different country, you’ll likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country where you have citizenship to prove that you are single and that you are legally married. This is called the ‘Certificate of no Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’, ‘Certificate de Nulla Osta’ or “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.

Also, be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment could not be sufficient by itself to permit an event to be held in a different country. It is possible that you will be required by foreign authorities to adhere to the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates could require translation.
  • Certificates could need to be certified or exchanged with a locally acceptable copy issued by the Embassy or Consulate in the country you plan to get married.
  • Certificates might require to be legalized i.e. authentically stamped referred to by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates could require witnesses sign an Affidavit declaring that you are allowed to marry and it is attached to the.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here