Obtain Certification in Thanatology In United States By Online
- Submission of your application: You must submit all the documents required together in one go. Make payment for the application fee.
- The Exam:
- The test is conducted on the internet. The test can be taken wherever you have internet access at office or at home.
- The exam for certification consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. The test should be completed in just three hours with no breaks. If you have to take breaks during the test, no extra time will be allowed to complete the exam.
- Practice Exam If you meet all the requirements and getting certified to take the exam for certification You will be provided with an exam guide that includes the test’s sample and details for registration. Registration on the test for the certificate will allow you to access the practice test.
- If you fail your test, you can take it again at a fraction of the cost.
Required Documents For Obtain Certification in Thanatology
- Application is complete
- Transcript. Courses that count towards 60 hours of contact Courses that are concerned with thanatology (death or dying bereavement, suicide hospice loss and grief. The applicants must provide evidence that their course included materials that dealt with thanatology.
- Recommendation Letters
- Letter of confirmation
- Your payment
Office Locations and Contacts
Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC)
Address for mail:One Parkview Plaza, Suite 800
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181 USA
Time of Office:
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Central time)
To sit for the certification exam candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degrees (include an official transcript) with two years verifiably related experience or a master’s or doctoral degree (include the transcript) plus one calendar year verifiably related experience
- 60 hours of documented contact hours on thanatology as well as related subjects.
- Support letters from colleagues or supervisors. ?
- Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC) does not offer a certification for undergraduates. program.
- The 60 hours of documented contact requirements can be fulfilled by taking university classes (one credit semester equals 45 hours of contact) or through workshops. Education experiences at any recognized institution can be considered when they are independently verified through a written letter or certificate. Workshops and courses offered by various organizations may be considered.
Certification for Thanatology Application Fees
- ADEC Members Rate: $325
- The Nonmember rate is $450.
Your certification needs to be renewed every three years.
Results of the examination approximately 12 weeks after the examination.
It is a Certification in Thanatology test is held every year in November. It is possible to submit your application up to September of the following year.
The document is needed
The certifications for Thanatology come as official documents that are issued through ADEC (Association for the Education of Dead and Consulting) to individuals who have passed the certification test. The test is designed to improve the professional skills of the candidate and enhances the field of thanatology.
Here’s the procedure for how to obtain an Certification on Thanatology.
- Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC):