How To Obtain Death Certificate In Georgia
- Send your request to get a copy of the death certificate in any branch of Public Service Development Agency or Public Service Hall. (contact details are listed below).
- Don’t forget to carry a valid photo ID. The personnel at the registry could request your identification card to confirm your identity . be sure you have the authority to get the certificate.
- When you send your request ensure that you’ve given these crucial details that can make the search for the record simpler:
- Name and address of deceased
- Date of death# Pay your application fees.
If you’re not in Georgia
You can use the contact information that is listed under “Office Locations and Contacts” section to contact the closest Embassy of Georgia in the country where you’re currently. The consular service desk of the Embassy will be able to assist in the process of obtaining an original copy of your Death Certificate.
Documents that are required Death Certificate
- Written application
- Document that confirms the identity of the applicant
Office Locations and Contacts
Public Relations Service67 A. Tsereteli Avenue, 0154, Tbilisi, Georgia
agency at +99532 239 4010 10
+995 32 2 40 99 General Inspection
*995 322 2 40 4020 Internal Audit
What Are All The Eligibility
- The certificate of death is given to anyone
- The civil acts registration certificate that is drawn up by the decedent’s name individual is given to the heirs of the deceased
- Certificates for registration of civil acts can be given to anyone upon the basis of a the notarized authority of attorney
- Fifth business day: 2 GEL
- Third business day 7 GEL
- Second day of business 17 GEL
On the same day the following day: 27 GEL
Civil Act registration certificates can be obtained from any branch of the Public Service Development Agency or Public Service Hall. (contact details are listed below.)
- The name of the person who died
- Date of death
Documentation is needed
This article provides details on how to get an original copy of a birth certificate from Georgia.
Other uses for the document/certificate
A duplicate of the death certificate is usually required to be provided in the following situations:
- Life insurance claims;
- Pensions claimants
- settling estates
Public Relations Service – Georgia