Obtain i Smart ID Card In Israel By Online
- Candidates can apply for smart biometric identification at the offices for the Population and Immigration Authority around Israel.
- Visit the Population and Immigration Authority bureau and show proof of identity with an ID that is valid. In the absence of a valid ID it is possible to show a passport or a Laissez-passer.
- Complete a request form in order to obtain smart biometric identification and a written statement of approval and consent, in which you consent to the use of your biometric identity such as a photo of your facial characteristics as well as digital fingerprints from both fingers, and thumbs, etc.
- Furthermore, a procedure to verify the identity of the applicant is performed using a variety of computer-generated questions which will be provided from the provider. Service providers will carry out the process of taking a facial feature photographs and scanning of both forefinger that the person applying. The process of scanning fingerprints is simple and quick. The process is executed with an electronic scanner where the forefinger and thumb are held for a short period of time. The process of scanning fingerprints is not based on ink and the usage of the scanner isn’t unpleasant. In the rare cases that the process of scanning fingerprints of fingers is not feasible, because of health concerns of the resident or technological reasons, an person applying will be instructed by the service provider on how to conduct the process of scanning the fingerprints.
- Then, you’ll have to sign a document describing how the document can be used and the obligations placed by the document holders as a smart document holders, including protecting the document from misuse.
- The biometric information will be encrypted and sent to the biometric database in order to confirm that the applicant is the real person applying. The data will be stored in the biometric database , in a safe and encrypted way and will be removed from the machines belonging to the Population and Immigration Authority.
- This smart card has been manufactured by a centrally-located production facility and is delivered to you within ten business days from the time you’ve completed your application at an office that is part of the Population and Immigration Authority of your preference.
- Once you have received the card, you also receive a personalized password for it to use and an appendix that contains your personal information. An announcement of the delivery of your new card to The bureau is delivered to you by SMS text messages (SMS).
- Smart passports as well as other travel documents will be delivered to you via registered mail within ten working days. There is no requirement to go to the Population and Immigration Authority bureau to get it (as is required for the distribution of the smart ID cards).
Required Documents For Obtain i Smart ID Card
- Valid identity
Office Locations and Contacts
Citizens or residents of the country aged 16 and over
The digital ID chip is made on a central manufacturing site and given to applicant within ten business days of submitting your application.
- Identification cards are issued in the “Being a Citizen” project at the schools, and distributed with authorities like the Ministry of Education and the Population and Immigration Authority.
- There is a choice of an ordinary ID card as well as an advanced, secure smart ID card which cannot be used to forge. Smart ID cards comes with biometric data and measures which are unique to each individual: facial feature images and fingerprint images from both fingers as a method of identification that is designed to stop identity theft and fraud.
Documentation is needed
It is the Israeli ID card serves as the document that is issued for all Israeli residents who reach the age of 16 to provide identification. The ID card has to be carried by all residents on a regular basis.
This process provides you with information on how you can make an application for the Israeli Smart ID Card.
Other uses of the document/certificate
- ID document According to law, this card contains a photo and other identifying details like first and last names as well as the names of parents along with the date and place of birth, and of course an individual ID number.An appendix is included on the ID card, which includes additional details like address, spouse’s name, names of children however, you have the time to fill in all those details.
- Voters ID card gives you to vote and participate in the elections of the Knesset or the local authority (when you reach your legally-required age) and acts as a method of identification that allows you to obtain documents like a passport and to access services offered by public institutions, like the issuing a driver’s licence as well as to open an account at a bank or gain access into places for recreation and cultural and many more.