Obtain IRS W2 Form (Wage and Tax Statement) In United States By Online
An easy way to get an exact copy of your prior year’s Form W-2 is soliciting your employer for an original copy. If that’s not feasible You can request copies of your entire tax return (attachments including Formula W-2) from the IRS. To request an exact copy of your tax returns from the IRS:
- Send in Form 4506 to the address below (a hyperlink is included under “Documents to Use”) together with the fee required. Be sure to read carefully the instructions and take note of the location to which you must mail your request.
- It takes IRS approximately 75 calendar days in order to process your request.
- Take the form 4506-T and fill it out (a hyperlink is included under the “Documents to Use”). Find the form W-2 and determine the tax year(s) that you’ll need.
- Send this form in its entirety to the correct address or the number for fax. Take note of the entire form attentively and take note of your address, fax numbers or the addresses to which you need to mail your request.
- It takes IRS between 5 and 10 weeks to prepare and send your income and wage transcript
- You can get Wage and income transcripts for the last 10 tax years, but the data for this year’s tax year might not be until the month of July.
- The transcript of income and wages only contains federal information but does not contain local or state information.
Required Documents For Obtain IRS W2 Form (Wage and Tax Statement)
- Request form completed
- Fee payment
Office Locations and Contacts
Documents to Utilize
- Request for a Copy of Tax Return Formula 4506 (PDF)
- Demand for Transcript of tax return Formula 4506-T (PDF)
- Income and Tax Declaration Formula W-2 (PDF) – Sample
- The form you receive is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Copy A is printed in redand is similar as the original IRS form. Notice: Do not file the copy that you download from the website using the SSA. The official version printed of the form could be scanned but the version available online that is printed on the website, isn’t. There could be a penalty for filing forms that aren’t able to be scannable.
- To purchase the official IRS forms, contact 800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) or place an order for information returns and employer return online and the IRS will mail you tax forms that are scannable.
- To obtain copies: approximately 75 calendar days
- For transcripts: 5-10 days
Tax and Wage Reports (W-2 Formula) are not submitted directly for submission to the Internal Revenue Service. The employer will first forward the paperwork directly to Social Security Administration (SSA). After SSA is finished making the necessary changes, they forward the federal information directly to IRS.
The Document is required
Here’s a step-by-step guideline on how to obtain copies of previous year’s forms W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) from the IRS.