How To Register a Birth In Germany
- Find the proof of birth from the hospital.
- Give your kid a name.
- Forms for application requests
Documents that are required Register a Birth
- The proof of birth is available at the hospital.
- Passports of both parents
- Birth Certificates for Both parents(-to-be) (translated into German)
- Paternity declaration, (only when the parents don’t have a marriage)
- Certificates for parents with holds a Master’s degree or greater ( just if want for your credentials to be listed on your birth certificate)
- Certificate of marriage for parents (translated into German)
- The registration documents you have signed for yourself as well as your partner
Office Locations and Contacts
Bezirksamt Friedrichshain KreuzbergAddress:
Schlesische Str. 27. A
Bezirksamt Charlottenburg Wilmersdorf
Alt- Lietzow 28
(office is located on the 1st level, there is no lift)
tel. 030 9018-243 07
Standesamt Steglitz-Zehlendorf von Berlin
(Room 244A, Frau Burkowitz)
Bezirksamt Marzahn Hellersdorf
Egon- Erwin -Kisch- Str.106
tel. 030-90296-3553 3557
Freiherr- vom- Stein- Str.
What Are All The Eligibility
The birth may be recorded by many individuals:
- The mother
- Dad (when the dad has legal custody)
- The midwife, who was present at the time of the birth
- The doctor was present during the birth
- In some instances, the medical personnel visit maternity units in hospitals and may confirm the birth in the mother’s hospitalization
Standard Birth Certificate 10additional copies, 5 additional copies
International birth certificate, 10, additional copies 5,
Birth Certificates are Valid for Life
Documents to Utilize
German Nationality Act
It can take up to 14 days for birth certificate to become prepared
If you are born within a medical facility or an Geburtshaus (birthing facility) you are required to record that you gave birth to your child. Most of the time, the person who has to perform this will be the one who comes directly to you to collect the necessary documents, but it’s worth consulting your local hospital or Geburtshaus the procedure before the birth so that you’re ready.
The Information You Need
- Baby’s name.
- The name of his father.
- The name of mother.
- The name of the midwife.
- Doctor’s name present during the birth.
- The date of birth for the infant.
- The gender of the child.
- The name of the hospital.
- The time of birth.
Documentation is needed
After you’ve given birth in Germany You are required to record the birth of your child. The registration must be completed within seven days from the date of birth.
Information that can be useful
The birth certificate will usually be issued with an appointment date for the proper Standesamt to pick your birth certificates. If you’re still waiting for the date, you can contact the Standesamt that will be processing the birth certificate of your child (phone numbers are listed in the end of this article) to find out whether the certificates are in order.
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
The birth registration certificate is used to get identity cards, passports and registrations in nurseries and schools.
It is necessary to visit the Standesamt located in the district in which your baby was born.