Register as Voter In Bhutan By Online
- In order to register for voter registration, voters are required to fill out the completed Voter Registration Form and an original photocopy of their identity card to the Registration Officer for the electoral district.
- The registration officer will review the form, and after is satisfied, they will put the applicant’s name on the Electoral Roll.
- A registered voter gets only one VPIC per the Elections.
Required Documents For Register as Voter
- Completed Voter Registration Form
- Identity card for Citizenship
Office Locations and Contacts
Election Commission of Bhutan
PO Box 2008
To become a registered voter, you must:
- If you are an Bhutanese citizen, have a passport with a national identity card;
- You must not be younger than 18 years old at the date that you are eligible;
- You must be registered in the civil register of the Demkhong and keep you’re Mitsi and Gung there for not less than one calendar year prior to the date of qualification and
- You are not disqualified from voting by any law currently in the force within Bhutan.
Refusal to Register :
A person isn’t qualified to register in the role of a vote if: is:
- In a state of unsound mind, as declared by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- Indefinitely disqualified under any law currently in force in Bhutan and
- Included in the Electoral Roll of another Demkhong.
The name of any person who is disqualified from registration due to disqualifications under section 7.1 shall be removed of the forthcoming draft Electoral Roll. The names of those who was struck off out of the Electoral Roll shall forthwith be reinstated if the disqualification is lifted under the law that authorizes the removal.
- Sexual sex
- Permanent address
- Citizenship identity card number
- Date of birth
Other uses for the document/certificate
The Voter Photo Identity Card (VPIC) is a vital document for the sole intention exercise of the rights to vote during elections in Bhutan
It is the single and only valid form of voter identification at polling stations on the day of voting. So, every voter is reminded to have the VPIC to be able the right to cast their vote Poll Day while they are advised to bring along with them the Citizenship Identity Card.In case of case of any dispute relating to the VPIC The Citizenship Identity Card can be the basis for deciding by the Presiding Officer.