Register Birth (Home) In Belize By Online
- To document your child’s birth date, the parents need to seek assistance from a medical professional to fill out the necessary forms.
- Parents will be required to go to the hospital for the procedure to be completed.
- No fees are collected on account of registration.
- Formulas that are filled out should be handed over to the closest Rural Health Nurse in the region.
- The application for birth certificates for any live birth may be made in any District Health Information Unit.
If you’re not in Belize
You can use the contact information that is listed under “Office Locations & Contacts” section to connect with the closest Embassy of Belize in the country in which you are in. The consular services section of the Embassy will be able to assist in the registration process for the birthplace in Belize.
Required Documents For Register Birth (Home)
- The form must be completed and signed by the birth mother.
Office Locations and Contacts
Vital Statistics Unit
Belmopan Hospital, Belmopan City
New Road and Hydes Lane, Belize City
Tel: +(501)-223-5625/ 7405
The parents of the child are the primary ones to be responsible for registering the birth.
There is no charge for registration.
Registration of births that occur up to one month after the birth is considered to be the late-birth registration.
Late registration fee: $5.00 BZ
The health care professional will help parent of the child when filling in the forms or in making sure that the parent is taken to the hospital in order to finish the procedure.
It is necessary to have the birth recorded within one month of the child’s birth.