Register for Tax In Malawi By Online
- Make a visit to the Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA) at your place and bring all the documents mentioned below in the “Required Documents” section below.
- Visit the customer service desk and make your request for tax registration in writing to the MRA official.
- The official will give you the registration form . They will explain how to fill it out If you aren’t clear
- The application form should be filled in the correct manner and attach the necessary documents. Submit it to an MRA official for verification.
- The tax officer will review your application and , if it’s correct it is processed, and then you’ll be registered to tax purposes.
- In the end, the MRA system will create your unique Tax Identification Number , which is given to you in the MRA office.
- Begin by creating an account online by following this process:
- Go to on the MRA web site Link
- Msonkho online banner that has two buttons for taxpayer Login as well as TIN Application will be displayed on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select the TIN Application and you’ll be taken to a brand new page that requires login and password
- Click Register Now to get a username and password
- Complete the form on the Taxpayer Portal Registration uploading the necessary identification documents and then submit
- In your inbox, check for an email of Msonkho Online, you may have to look in your spam or junk email folder, as the email may be there even if it isn’t there in your inbox.
- Follow the link to confirm your account that was sent to your email address to activate your account.
- Make use of your username and password that you’ve created to sign in to on the website by clicking the Taxpayer Login
- Once you’ve logged into your account, you can begin filling in the necessary information to complete your application.
- Complete all of the pages with the correct information , then click Next to be process to the next page.
- In the summary Review your application, and if you are happy with it. click the Submit button located at the end on the summary tab. This will send your application to the department for processing. The application will be closed and the submission that is successful will send an informative email containing your Application Reference Number (ARN) to the email address you provided.
- An application to get a TIN will be therefore verified and all documents checked cross-checked. After verification, and with the approval by the Approving Officer the application for a TIN is approved which means you’ll get authorized and issued the TIN.
- Find external links in the links below.
Required Documents For Register for Tax In Malawi
- Certificate of registration for business
- Complete application available from
- Valid IDs is required for Malawi citizens
- Valid Passport for non-citizens
- Articles of Association (if limited business).
Office Locations and Contacts
- Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA) Head Office
- Msonkho House, Private Bag 247 Blantyre.
- Tel: (265) 01 822 588
- Fax: (265) 01 822 302
- email: email@example.com
- If you have feedback, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web site: Link
- Contact Details: Link
- Companies and business owners as citizens or non-citizens of Malawi
- The application fee is free
- Tax registration is required to conduct tax-related activities for an undefined time, hence there isn’t any validity associated with the TIN
Documents to Utilize
- Application forms can be obtained at the MRA office, or by registering the internet.
- Within a week
- The tax law obliges owners of businesses , in the case of corporations and individuals to be registered for tax purposes , regardless what the scale of the company or the location. Tax registration is completely free and can be done at any Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA) office. MRA issues an Taxpayer Identification Number (TPIN) at the time of registration. It is required to use it for all communications that you have with the Authority.
The Information You Need
- Personal details
The Document is required
- Tax registration proves that you’re a tax payer who is registered as required by law.
Information that can be useful
- Benefits of Tax Registration: Visit Here
- MRA: Link