How To Register for Vehicle License Plate Tax In China
- Taxpayers are required to obtain the tax forms for registration from tax authorities or tax registration centers , and fill them out as needed.
- The tax authority or tax registration centres should review and verify the papers, documents, documents along with tax registration form that are submitted by taxpayers. They should give tax registration certificate to taxpayers who meet the standards and also collect taxes registration fees and administrative charges.
Documents Required Register for Vehicle License Plate Tax
- A commercial and industrial license for business, or a similar business permit
- An agreement, contract, and articles of association
- The unifying organizational code
- Identification card or passport or any other valid ID proof that proves the legitimacy of the person who holds it or the responsible member of the owner
- Other documents and documents are also required by tax authorities of the autonomous region, province or municipal directly under the supervision of the State Council
Office Locations and Contacts
Address of the State Administration for Taxation Yangfangdian Road, Haidian District on the 5th
State Administration for Industry and Commerce People’s Republic of China
Address: 8 Sanlihe Donglu, Xichengqu, Beijing, 100820, P. R. China
What Are All The Eligibility
Drivers of vehicles who live in regions in which vehicle license plate tax is imposed must pay taxes for the use of license plates to local tax authorities, in line with the requirements within the Regulations.
- The motorists as well as vessels subject to license plates for vessel and vehicle tax are required to submit tax returns and pay taxes to the local tax authorities and get them from license plates as well as receipts for the tax payment.
- The license plates as well as receipts for tax payments that are mentioned above should be printed, formatted, and distributed by municipal (municipal) taxes authorities.
The Information You Need
- The name and identification number on the passport, ID card, or other valid ID document issued by the institution, its legal representative or the owner
- The address of the business or residence
- The kind of registration
- The accounting system
- The production model and the business operation
- The production scope and the scope of operation
- The sum in capital (fund) or investment
- The definition of production and operation
- The name and number of the chief financial officer.
- Other information as specified in the State Administration of Taxation
Need to have the Document
In China owners and administrators of certain kinds of vehicles are in the tax bracket for an annual fee as per the law of 2012 Vehicle and Vessel Tax (VVT) Law.
Information that could be helpful
The vessels and vehicles listed below are exempt from the tax on license plates:
- Cars and vessels owned by and operated by suburban farmers
- Vehicles owned and operated by government and military organizations including private and public schools and organizations for people;
- Tax authorities have approved vehicles to be scrapped upon applications accompanied by letters of confirmation issued by local administration departments for transportation;
- Fire engines, water sprinkler ambulances and ambulance vessels, garbage trucks and ferryboats for public use, etc.
Other uses for the document/certificate
Taxes and additional tax will be imposed to vehicles for the reason that tax on license plates is already paid, and license plates were issued when these vehicles enter an additional tax area.
- State Administration for Industry and Commerce People’s Republic of China
- State Administration of Taxation of the People’s Republic of C
- Ministry of Commerce, the People’s Republic of China
- Tax Law
- State Administration of Taxation
- Provisional regulations regarding the tax on vessels and vehicles. License Plate Tax of the Peoples Republic of China
If a person fails to comply with the requirements in the filing of tax returns, registration and paying taxes or the acquisition of an license plate in violation of the law, the offender will be required to pay the tax within the deadline, get the license plate, and be penalized of up to three times amount of tax due.