How To Register for Vessel License Plate Tax In China
- Taxpayers are required to obtain Tax registration documents from authorities in taxation or registration centers , and complete them in the manner required.
- The tax authority or tax registration centers must review and verify the documentation, certifications, and other materials as well as tax registration documents filed by taxpayers. They should provide tax registration certifications to taxpayers who meet the required requirements, and then collect tax registration fees and administrative costs.
Documents Required Register for Vessel License Plate Tax
- A commercial and industrial license for business or another similar permits for business operation
- The contract or agreement, and articles of association
- The unifying organizational code
- Identification card or passport, or any other valid ID proof from the representative of legal or the responsible member of owner
- Other documents and other information requested by tax authorities of an autonomous region, province or municipal directly under the supervision of the State Council
Office Locations and Contacts
Address of the State Administration for Taxation Yangfangdian Road, Haidian District on the 5th
State Administration for Industry and Commerce People’s Republic of China
Address: 8 Sanlihe Donglu, Xichengqu, Beijing, 100820, P. R. China
What Are All The Eligibility
The owners of vessels operating in areas in which tax on vessel license plates is charged must pay tax for the usage of license plates for vessels to local tax authorities, in line to the requirements in the Regulations.
- Native vessels that used be assessed tonnage fees are now being assessed through the vessel and vehicle license plate tax ; but tonnage dues will be levied to ships from abroad and native vessels that are rented to foreign business owners, but the vessel and vehicle license plate tax is imposed thereon.
- The motorists as well as vessels that are subject to license plates for vessel and vehicle tax must prepare tax returns, and pay taxes to the local tax authorities and get the license plates as well as receipts for the tax payment.
- The license plates as well as receipts for tax payments mentioned above must be printed, formatted, and distributed by municipal (municipal) tax authority.
- The name and identification number on the passport, ID card, or any other acceptable ID document from the institution, its legal representative or the owner
- The address for your business or home
- The kind of registration
- The accounting system
- The production model and business operations
- The production scope and operations
- The total value in capital (fund) or investment
- The definition of production and operation
- The name and number of the chief financial officer.
- Other information that is specified in the State Administration of Taxation
The Document is required Register for Vessel License Plate Tax
In China owners and administrators of certain kinds of vessels are required to pay an annual tax, in accordance of the law of 2012 Vehicle and Vessel Tax (VVT) Law.
Information that could be helpful
The following vessels are exempt from the tax on vessel license plates:
- Vessels used and owned by suburban farmers
- Fishing vessels that have the capacity to carry deadweight of less than a ton;
- Vessels that are owned and operated by government and military organizations including private and public institutions, and schools;
- Pontoons and floating stages that are used to serve as platforms for cargo and passengers;
- Tax authorities approve vessels to be scrapped upon requests with the support of letters of verification issued by local administration departments for transport;
- Water sprinkling vans ambulances, ambulance vessels garbage vans, public ferryboats.
Other uses for the document/certificate
Taxes and additional tax is due to vessels where license plate tax is completed and the license plates are issued when the vessels enter the tax zones of another.
- State Administration for Industry and Commerce People’s Republic of China
- State Administration of Taxation of the People’s Republic of China
- Ministry of Commerce, the People’s Republic of China
- Tax Law
- State Administration of Taxation
- Provisional regulations for Vehicle an
In the event of non-compliance in the filing of tax returns, registration or paying tax, or even obtaining an license plate The person who is in breach will be required to pay the tax within the period, acquire the license plate, and be fined of up to three times amount of tax to be paid.