How To Register Trade Mark In Chile
Apply In Online
- Find out if the trademark is registered already or similar to another trademark that is registered or hyperlink.
- You’ll need to have a user account in order for you to to utilize this feature.
- After registering, type in the username as well as password and click enter.
- Fill in the required details, attach the required documents, and then click to register.
- The application will be evaluated within six months.
Apply In person
- In order to register a trade name applicants need to get all the necessary documents (see the list below) and visit the office of the National Institute of Industrial Property (INAPI).
- Give the reason behind your visit to register your trademark.
- Complete all required documentation and pay the application fee.
- Once you have completed your form, an official examination will be conducted by INAPI. In the event of an error, or omission are found, the person who submitted the application must correct or clarify the information within 30 days.
- Publishing within the Official Journal / Examination of the merits: If the application is approved, it is published. The excerpt of the application has to be paid to the office in the Official Gazette (in INAPI units) within the time limit of 20 business days after acceptance.
- After review of your submission, the final decision is communicated to the director for national of INAPI via a resolution which either accepts or denies the application. If the application is approved the interested party has to pay and credit any final right within the timeframe of 60 days from the date of notification of the acceptance resolution. If the application is rejected, the interested party can contest the decision before an Industrial Property Court, requiring patronage and conscription.
- It is necessary to pay the fee for registration. Once the fee is credit, your trademark will be registered. It must be paid within 60 days. If you work in offices, you have to provide a authenticated duplicate of the payment receipt to INAPI units.
Documents that are required Register Trade Mark
- The completed application form.
- Power of attorney in the event of requesting the information through the representative.
- Pay order with what amount is to be to be paid.
- Six specimens in the size of 5 x five centimeters (minimum) and 20 millimeters (maximum) when it comes to the process when filing trademark registration applications.
- Corresponding power through certified mail, informing the applicant’s name, signature the date of the presentation and the identity of the person who holds the power, as well as the representative (only only if the person does the process online).
Office Locations and Contacts
Instituto Nacional de Propiedad Industrial (INAPI)RUT: 65.999.669-3.
Av. Libertador Bernardo OHiggins 194,
piso 1 Santiago, Chile.
Tel. (56 2) 2 887 0400
Hours of operation:
From Monday to Friday
between 9 a.m. from 9:00 a.m. to 22:00 p.m.
What Are All The Eligibility
Legal and natural people, foreign or national
The trademark is registered for a period of 10 years and can be renewed for a similar time.
You can submit an application either online or in the office of the National Institute of Industrial Property (INAPI).
Brands that are different:
- Brands of products are symbols of representation, which allows them to distinguish from the competition the exact product.
- Service marks: They are also signs that are susceptible to visual representation, but they represent the origin of business of a product.
- The brand name of industrial establishments The aim is to safeguard the brand name of the business and not just the brand name of the product.
- Commercial establishments’ brands The goal is to ensure that they are protected in the activities they carry out over and above the products.
- Phrase propaganda are words that are associated with the trademark by certain qualities or positive emotions.
- Sound marks: they are sounds that are able to identify the origin of a particular sound. They are registered as trademarks.
- Collective mark: it’s an distinctive symbol of representation in graphic form that is used to differentiate the origin the material or method manufacturing of products or services created by the members of an association.
Certification mark: it’s an identifier that indicates this product/service is in compliance with a set of standards that have been validated by an authority for certification.
The Document is required Register Trade Mark
Trademark registration gives the owner of the trademark the sole and exclusive right to utilize this trademark under the format which is registered on the registry. Furthermore, it blocks other parties from using the trademark (identical or similar trademarks) without the consent of the owner.
Other uses for the document/certificate
When you register a trademark, you could:
- Find the appropriate titles and certificates to certify your industrial property rights.
- Pay electronically for fees and charges.
- Present online electronic forms to begin an initial process for processing registration of trademarks and patents industrial designs, utility models and drawings and layout layouts.
- Conduct routine and advanced consults on the patent database as well as trademarks.