Register With the National Do Not Call Registry In United States By Online
- Go to donotcall.gov
- Input the telephone numbers as well as your email address, and then hit “Submit”. You can add up to three numbers.
- After you’ve checked the numbers for any mistakes then click on “Register”.
- After you have registered online, you’ll receive an email to confirm your registration. It is imperative to click the link within that email within 72 hours to allow your registration to begin to take effect.
Register by calling 1888-382-1222 to the phone that you would like to register (TTY 1-866-290-436).
Office Locations and Contact
Federal Trade Commission
headquarters:600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580
Telephone: (202) 326-2222
You must only register your own phone numbers.
Your number will be listed in the Registry the next day. The majority of telemarketers will not call you once your number is on the registry for the last 31 days.
The National Do Not Call Registry is administered through the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) the country’s consumer protection agency.
The document is needed
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to sign up to join this National Do Not Call Registry. This will decrease the amount of unwanted calls you receive from telemarketers.
Information that could be helpful
Registering your telephone number on the Registry will block the majority of telephone calls however, it will not stop all. The calls that are allowed include calls from:
- Political groups
- Surveyors on the telephone
- Organizations with whom you have relationships
Other uses for the document/certificate
helps you spot fraudsters: Most legitimate companies do not call the numbers listed within the Registry. If a business isn’t using the Registry it is the possibility that it is fraudulent. If you get calls, do not answer and make a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission.
- Federal Trade Commission: