How To Renew Your Passport In Costa Rica
- The applicant must visit the Consulate that has authority in the region.
- You can also mail your passport via mail to request a passport renewal.
- When the consulate has received your passport, they’ll begin the renewal process waiting for confirmation by the Directorate General of Immigration.
Documents Required Renew Your Passport
- Passports that have expired Passport
- Consular stamps
- Self-addressed envelope and postage are is required to return the passport via mail. It is the Consulate’s responsibility to not be responsible for any loss of documents that are sent via post.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Avenida 7-9, Street 11-13, San Jose, Costa Rica Map
Contact number: (506) 2539-5300
PO Box 10027-1000
$20.00 – for consular stamps
The Renewal Procedure: 5 days
Documentation is needed
- Passports are a form of identification that is issued by the federal government. It confirms the nationality and identity of the person holding it. It can be used when traveling across the globe. It has information regarding the person who holds it, such as name age, gender, date of birth, and birthplace.
- The document alone grant the holder of the passport to the right to travel to another country, nor protection from consular authorities during travel, or any other rights. However, it typically permit the holder of the passport returning to the nation from which it was originally issued. Consular protection rights arise from international treaties, and the return of the holder to the country that issued the passport is contingent upon the laws in the country.
- Here are the steps on how to renew your passport.
- Passport Renewal: