Renew Your Retail or Wholesale Trade License In Bhutan By Online
- Wholesale and retail trade permits are valid for a duration of one year and is required to be renewed each year.
- It is the applicant(s) (sole owner or partner) must show their identity card from their citizenship at the CC/RTIO rep for renewal of the wholesale or retail trade license.
- A applicant(s) will also have to present a an official Tax Clearance Certificate to renew licenses from the Regional Trade & Industry Office of the Ministry of Finance.
- All fees must be paid.
Required Documents For Renew Your Retail or Wholesale Trade License
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Original identity card for citizenship
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Economic Affairs
Department of Trade
P.O. Box 141
Department of Industry
PA Director: 02-323597
Holders of a retail trade license or wholesale trade licenses granted by Regional Trade and Industry Offices of the Ministry of Economic Affairs or any Community Center under its jurisdiction.
The renewal cost for both the retail trade licenses and wholesale trade licenses is the same:
- Large-scale retail or wholesale trade license License for wholesale or retail trade: Nu. 10,000
- Wholesale or retail on a medium scale trade license The license is Nu. 5,000
- Wholesale or small-scale retail trade license Nu. 3,000
In addition , the individual is required to pay Nu. 100 per license for costs for the booklet of license at the renewal time from the RTIO/CC. The applicant is also required to pay for scanning, printing or photography fees in the event that the service is accessed by CC.
Do not forget to get your receipt. You will have to show it at the time you pick up your license.
Trade and wholesale licenses can be used for a period for one full year.
It can take up to one working day for the renewal application for your wholesale or retail trading licenses to process so long as you’ve provided all of the necessary documents.
Send in your application to renew your wholesale or retail trade license to the Regional Trade and Industry Offices of the Ministry of Economic Affairs or any Community Center under its jurisdiction.
- Citizens Services Website of Bhutan: