How to Replace Lost or Damaged Kenya Enrolled Midwife (KEM) Private Practice License in kenya

Replace Lost or Damaged Kenya Enrolled Midwife (KEM) Private Practice License in online

Step 1 – Obtain a Police Report

  • To report damage to the Kenya Enrolled Midwife Private Practice License (KEM), you should first visit a police station. The police authority will issue you a report, which is required in order to submit the application.
  • This police report should be attached to your application.

Step 2 – Apply Online

  1. You can find the link to the Nursing Councils of Kenya Online Services Portal for a licensed Kenya Enrolled Midwife Private Practitioner.
  2. Use your username or email address to log into the NCK’s ‘Online Service Portal with your password
  3. To go to the next page, click the “Replacement Tab” in the menu at the top of your account’s homepage.
  4. To access the next page for information regarding your application, click the “Make Replacement App”button on the Replacement page.
  5. Please complete the required information to license. These are:
    • Email
    • Mobile
    • Type of practice ( Enrolled).
    • Practice area ( Select Midwifery).
    • Type of Workstation ( Select Health Facility, or Other)
    • Work Station/Facility
    • Details about the work station (National Government of Kenya, County Government, Public Sector(Health institutions), Other Ministries, Mission )
    • Choose a county
    • Workstation/Facility
    • Attach the police report.
    • If possible, attach a copy of the damaged/lost licence
  6. Check that the information is correct before you click the “Apply for replacement” button.
    • An invoice will be generated for the payment of replacement application fees.
  7. Click on the Invoice Page to access the Click to Pay Now Click the button to pay for the Kenya Enrolled Midwife Private Practice License (KEM).
    • Follow the online instructions to complete the payment. The portal will automatically generate and display the payment instructions. This page has more information on the licensing fee.
  8. After you have submitted your application, you will receive a receipt and the Replaced Kenya Enrolled midwife (KEM), Private Practice License online.
    • Note – Wait approximately 10 minutes before refreshing the invoice page. You should see copies of the receipt as well as the Private Practice License on the page.
  9. Click the “Download Receipt” Click the button “Download License” Click the button below to download the payment receipt, and replace Kenya Enrolled Midwifery (KEM), Private Practice License.
    • Keep the license and receipt for future reference.

Required Documents for Replace Lost or Damaged 

  • Broken pieces of Private Practice License (if applicable).
  • If possible, copy of the lost Private Practice License
  • Photocopy of passport/ID
  • The prescribed fee
  • Copie of the police report
  • Copie of the police report

Find Office Locations and Contacts

Nursing Council of KenyaP.O. Box 20056 – 00000,
NCK Plaza, Kabarnet Rd from Ngong Rd
Phone: +254 20 7854665/9, +254721920567, +254733924669
Website: Contact Information

 what are all the Eligibility

  • An eligible Kenya Enrolled Midwife (KEM), Private Practitioner in Kenya, who has lost or damaged their private practice license, can apply for a replacement.


  • Ersatz Fee Ksh.1,000


  • License validity is for one year.

Processing Time

  • Processing time is instant.


  • Online applications for the replacement of a damaged or lost Kenya Registered Midwife License (KEM), Private Practice License, are possible

Requirements Information

Information regarding the loss or damage to the Private Practice License

You will need the document

  • To practice private midwifery in Kenya, a Kenyan Enrolled Midwife private practitioner must have a Private Practice License.
  • It is a crime to practice midwifery in private in Kenya without a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.

Information that might be of assistance


  • Private practice as a nurse is not permitted.
  1. Are you a citizen of Kenya?
  2. Registered, enrolled, or licensed as nurse under the nurses Act chapter 257
  3. Under the supervision of a senior nurse with not less seven years’ experience, has served as a registered nurse for not less that three years
  4. Are you a holder a NCK private practitioner registration certificate
  5. A holder of an annual certificate known as a private practice certificate,
  6. A holder of any other qualification that may be required by the Nurses Act chapter 257
  • A person who is not a Kenyan citizen may be licensed as a nurse, provided he meets the requirements of the Council.
  1. He has a good character
  2. He has already paid the required fees
  3. He has completed a course of training, and passed an exam, but not in Kenya. This would not allow him to register or enroll under the Nurses Act Chapter, but the Council considers it sufficient to permit him to practice in Kenya as a nurse.

External Links




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here