How To Replace Lost / Stolen Civil Identity Card In Cyprus
- In order to apply for replacement cards applicants must apply in any of the regional offices for District Administration in Nicosia, Limassol, Famagusta, Larnaca and Paphos or at the Citizens Service Centers. For more information, call CRMD the numbers below. given below.
- Fill out an application form and send it along with the other documents required. (see the following list)
- Make sure you pay the fee for replacement.
Documents that are required Replace Lost / Stolen Civil Identity Card
- A completed relevant application form.
- A 4X5 cm photo that has been certified by the community president of the particular community. If the applicant presents himself personally , the above certification is not required.
- The Original Birth Certificate.
- Original Marriage Certificate for a married woman wanting to change her surname , or divorce Certificate for divorced woman.
- Passport if the applicant holds an additional nationality, excluding the Cypriot one.
- Additional documents needed in the event the card is stolen or lost the Civil Identity Card:
- Affidavit of Court regarding theft or loss or theft Civil Identity Card
- Written Complaint to Police about the theft or loss or theft of your Civil Identity Card
Office Locations and Contacts
Civil Registry and Migration DepartmentPO Box 25196 1307 Nicosia
The address of CRMD office: Chilonos, 1457 Nicosia
The Fax number for the Policy Registry 22804507
Fax number for Applications and Letters Registry 22403964
Cyprus Country Code +357
Civil Registry Sector – Passports and Identity Cards
Androulla Skalisti -22804455
Antri Odysseos – 22804428
Maria Makkouli – 22804526
Skevi Karafoka 22804527
Additional Contact Numbers for CRMD
For more information, contact these numbers:
22804295, 22804283, 24801025,
24801023, 24801852, 24801858,
25806450, 25806444, 26801137,
- Replacement of I.D 20
Replacement of I.D caused by theft or loss or damage: double cost of the original.
To request an additional card, citizens must apply in the offices in their local area in District Administration in Nicosia, Limassol, Famagusta, Larnaca and Paphos or at the Citizen Service Centres in the local area.
Documentation is needed
This document explains how to replace a stolen or lost Civil Identity Card issued in Cyprus.
Civil Registry and Migration Department