How To Replace Passport In Germany
- Inform the police about on the circumstances that led to the loss of the passport.
- Send a report to the authority in charge of issuance of passports.
- Get a passport application form from the Immigrations office
- Complete the application forms
- Fill out the application forms with any other documents required, e.g. certified passport size photo.
- Make sure you pay the fees that are required.
Documents that are required Replace Passport
- A police abstract that explains the reason it was that you’ve lost your passport.
- The passport you used to travel with and its photocopy
- Identity card
- The application form must be completed and signed by the applicant.
- Birth Certificate/Birth Declaration
- Certificate of Marriage Certificate
- If appropriate the situation requires it, you must sign you must sign a Declaration of Name Change
- Evidence of deregistration (Einwohnermeldeamt) for Germany If the address on the passport remains an address of German residence.
- Registration Confirmation for Repatriates Lately
Office Locations and Contacts
Bundesdruckerei GmbHOranienstrasse 91
Tel. :+49 (0)30 25 98 0
Fax: +49 (0)30 25 98 2205
Bundesministerium des Innern
Tel. :+49 30 18681-1022/-1023 /-1089
Fax: +49 30 18681-1083
What Are All The Eligibility
German citizens who have lost their passport or been taken.
- For applicants with less than 24 yearsof age – for applicants less than 59 years-
- For applicants who are over the age of 24 of ageand 37 years old.
Documents to Utilize
10 – 12 weeks.
If you’ve lost your passport or passport was stolen, you must inform the person who issued the passport (e.g. If it was issued from Berlin you’ll need to inform the authorities of the stolen or lost travel document to the office of passports located in Berlin).
- The date, location and time of the loss
- Name at birth
- Birth date
- Birthplace of the child
- Marital status
- Eye colour
- Artist pseudonym or religious name
- Current address and contact information
- Information on current German passports and identity papers
- The signature of the applicant
- Residence permit in the country of the residence
Documentation is needed
If your passport or passport is missing, stolen or damaged, you need to visit the closest authority who issued your passport to get a new passport card or passport.
Information that could be helpful
Keep in mind that you have to fill in all the details on this application and upload your passport photo in the correct format and provide all of the information required.
A new law on passports is in force since November. 1st 2007. The new law requires fingerprints must also be recorded on a chip inside German passports. The law applies to passports of all applicants older than six years.